Wights - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Wights

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wights

Wights (like a wight lord) seem cool and all, but I'm wondering where you would use them? Would they make up their own army of would they be a nice addon to another bloodline's?

This is where a signature would go if I was motivated enough to think of one.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thats a really good point, i think that would be a wonderful addition to vampire counts.

On the other part of your question, i would use them in a bk unit ot a gg unit, zombies and skellies should be used with a vampire of some sorts, because of there better initiative and ws. whights have a banner to hit on threes so thats not needed for them. thats my thoughts.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    139 (x8)

They'd make a decent enough own army, or subarmy, in the future. Not really in their current form though.. Just use them as part of your bloodline army.

The wight lord is good as a BSB, but IMO not really good for much else besides that. Black knights are the typical heavy cavalry part of an army, pretty useful all in all. Grave guard seem to have mixed opinions, they don't really kill a whole lot more than skellies or zombies IMO, but they look cool.
    The LO ANZAC Clan!

The Pirate's Haven BFG clan! Breathe life into this fantastic GW system.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Im aHUGE fan of these guys lol... I have ALL the old wightlord models and ALL the new ones lol. I stick em whereever needed and they do the job just fine... whether its in a skellie unit or my GG... I usually put vamps in my knight units caus eI REALLY dont want them to lose combat on the charge .

In a GG unit hes always the BSB with flayed hauberk and no banner (I let the unit take the banner of the barrows).

Then Ill have another one with the sword of kings, enchanted shield, heavy armor in my skellie unit to kill characters.

I usually put my VC count/lord in my unit of 5 BK and then I have another unit of 10 BK... my army seems to work just fine

For them having their own army? wouldnt work... wight lords are summoned by their masters ... its just like saying... a zombie grows a personality and decides... instead of eating peoples brain hes going to do community service... your count would be like... ahhhh no ZAP and hes gone lol
    What you are we once were. What we are you will become!!!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1283 (x8)

When it comes down to it, I think thralls are just worth the extra points over wight lords. If I'm playing a master necro army, then I'm apt to use a wight lord because I can't imagine an vampire thrall being, well, enthralled to a necromancer.

But they are cheap and tough and the sword of kings is just a sweet weapon. I bet we've all got a story where a wight lord took down an opponent even though the wight seemed greatly overmatched. Mine was a chaos lord. Ahh...the memories.

A lord level wight would be interesting and add some diversity to the list, but fluffwise, wights just to be in the service of others, not enough free will, enslaved magically, and so on.
    A wight can't be his own army because he's not a wizard. So it'll always be a vampire or necromancer (unless it's a necrarch thrall with noble blood, IIRC).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well now that you mention a lord type wigh tI think that would work really well... maye when they re-vamp the VC list we will get a cooler wight character ... Id like that

PS this is my 300th post

LO's unofficial Jester Visitor Q's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    377 (x8)

I wouldn't use Wight Lords with Zombies I think Zombies should be used as pure tar units with out any characters to give points away needlessly.
    "God is dead" Nietzsche- 1886
    "Nietzsche is dead" God- 1900

Why are there scams? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q71FLDIMBc8

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree if I ever actually used zombies I would never spend points and give them a char

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Big_Canadian
    well now that you mention a lord type wigh tI think that would work really well... maye when they re-vamp the VC list we will get a cooler wight character ... Id like that

PS this is my 300th post
    -Necromaner Lord

+ Wight Lord

+ Reply to Thread