starting strigoi - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

starting strigoi

i was reading a thread in this forum about making cheap ghouls and someone came up with the idea of using zombies and paint them '' alive''
    ive always wanted a strigoi army but never had the money for all those metal ghouls so with that idea im going to get a box of zombies next week lol
    my other idea was using the millitia models with skellie and zombie bits but that worked out quote expensive.
    heres what ill be using:

lord
    strigoi lord

heroes
    strigoi-the lords underlings
    necromancers-im using the wraith models because i love the model but dont like the rules for them,also would any ''sane'' necromancer work with a strigoi

core
    ghouls-zombie models but painted ''alive''
    zombies but only when they are raised, mainly because i will be using the rest of the zombie bitz, ie hand and heads coming out of the ground
    dire wolves, but using the chaos hound models
    strigany-from the back of the book but when my opponent wont let me use that list i will use them as skellies
    bat swarms

special
    fell bats
    grave guard-using the bretonian men at arms models
    spirit hosts

rare
    black caoch, but im hoping to model it like a menacing caravan to get across that they are basically wanderers
    banshee

any ideas would be extremely welcome

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Whats I find amusing is that Ghouls always seem to look like Baby Stigori Vampires to me. Now Downgrading them to zombies, must be a newly risen Stirgori Vampire with bad tastes =)

For your Necormaners If you are using Wraith Models At least trim the weapon off, and uses zombies parts to make a staff or wand, zombie head for the hit and a peice of bone to hold.

Zombies painted alives will be extremely hard to tell apart from normal zombies, even if they are Skrimishers.

I still have nightmare when i put together my two black Coaches, nothing fit right, I had to use a lot green stuff on the axles to make them sit right, and them trim it down. If you find another way to do the Black Coaches I highly suggest you do.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

One of the employees at my local GW did the zombie/ghoul conversion, and it turned out really well. You have to be selective with the parts you use, using the most naked pieces possible, and consider putting on some loincloth.

+ Reply to Thread