New Dogs of War Giant - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    41 (x2)

New Dogs of War Giant

I'm thinking about using one of the new Dogs of War giants for my Lahmian army, but I'm not sure if its worth the cash and painting time. Has anyone had any experience using them/playing against them?

My 40K Armies:
    ----------------
    - Thousand Sons
    - Mordian Imperial Guard

- TAU
    - Dark Eldar

My Fantasy Armies:
    ---------------------
    - Lhamian Vampire Counts
    - Empire

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

are the new giants dogs of war?? and they are available to every army? I know the old albion ones are strictly dogs of war guys
    What you are we once were. What we are you will become!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

you have to wait till the next edition, but they wil be available to many of the armies. Bretonia excluded.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

oh thats awsome. I always wanted to make my empire army so I have 2 giants in it lol... but Ill even settle for 1
    What you are we once were. What we are you will become!!!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1283 (x8)

I haven't used a giant, but I've been abused by one, many times. They present a serious threat that's unique compared to almost any other unit in the game. It'd be worth having one to play with. I have used a treeman (or two) in my WE army, and something that big, strong, and tough can really change the game in your favor. Just watch out for cannons and bolt throwers.

The problem with giants is that they have no armor. Treemen, on the other hand, have a scaly skin save and a ward save (albeit only for mundane attacks). That alone is a huge difference.
    Painting Videos--My Warriors of Chaos--WHFB Tactica Index

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

gaints are skink fodder, but they are so reliable to hold a block unit for the game and even win ,so i would say they are great, and i am thinking of droping a couch to run one.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1283 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by laughingman
    gaints are skink fodder, but they are so reliable to hold a block unit for the game and even win ,so i would say they are great, and i am thinking of droping a couch to run one.
    Good point here. Anything with poisoned attacks will tear up a giant. It's a favorite tactic against high toughness, low armor critters (like ogres and giants). You'll have to be wily about using a giant. Throwing one headlong into combat is giving away 200+ points.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i dont nessesarily think throwing one into combat will be giving away anything, on the contrary, combat is the safest place for a giant to be, stubborn 10 means its unlikely for it to run away from combat and its random attacks make it fun but also very devastating in combat. espesially the auto lose by two, man has that ever been a bane in my side while fighting them.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

1283 (x8)

True. I didn't give a good explanation of what I meant. Giants work really well when they're supported. If they go it alone against a big unit of RnF, they'll be dead at some point a lot of the time. But picking the right target, they'll be a true terror. But if they charge alongside a unit of skeletons who'll add rank and numbers, you'll be hard pressed to lose combat.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ok, that statment i can agree with. a gaint will die to a st4 opponent regularly, but it can hold a unit that you cant deal with for a long period of time letting you get ready to outmanuver and overwhelm even if by itself. I use to set a giant on its own to let oponents get out of position with their best unit, the giant killer unit and sacrafice that giant to let me outmanuver their more costly unit and run them down. investments and outmanuvering can pay off big. with undead i would aggree that any of our units can be holdion units so that would not be the point of the giant in this army. I would like it for a far flanker, wow would that be devastating when their in combat with an unbeakable tar pit unit and a large killer, drooowl.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast