back of the book army invalid in less than 2k - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

back of the book army invalid in less than 2k

i've been thinking of starting a VC army, and i decided to do a back of the book blood dragon army. i wrote up a few 2000 point lists and went to a mates place to play.

anyway long story short, i find my mate has only 1500 hundred points, so i say fine i wont take a lord. anyway i slaughter him mercilisly. and later my mate is reading my VC book when he looks up and says to me "um, leigh.... your army doesn't work" after some explanation i read the general section on page 25 of the VC book and find that my general MUST be a magic user!

now as im sure all VC players will notice the Back of the book blood dragon army has NO magic user heroes!
    so does that mean i can't use my army in under 2000 points?

help?

“I am the Hammer… I am the Sword in His hand; I am the point of His Spear… I am the right hand of my Emperor, the instrument of His will, I am the bane of His foes and the woes of the treacherous. I am the end!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You haveto ask your opponents permission to play the lists at the back of the book.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    139 (x8)

Which means, if they give permission for that then they are likely to give it for you to bypass the magic general rule. Otherwise, yeah it probably is strictly illegal.

Hardly anyone uses them anyway though.
    The LO ANZAC Clan!

The Pirate's Haven BFG clan! Breathe life into this fantastic GW system.

+ Reply to Thread