A winged nightamre to decide my counts mount - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A winged nightamre to decide my counts mount

Im using an necrarch army...(wwooo go magic!!!)

Should I have a Count on foot, mounted on a undead horse, or on a winged nightmare.
    I really want to put him into a winged nightmare as I could see the following advantages.

1) Able to get around battle quicker, cast spells easier
    2) Better in close combat.
    3) Protection as winged nightmare can absorb wounds then heal them using IoN

I could only see one disadvantage and that was that he would be an obvious target for enemy fire. However I thought that IoN would aid this problem (I am not being an idiot, I know there is a risk of taking it.)

I just wanted to ask, Is it worth it?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

The Dvl in Pale Moonlight danceman's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    121 (x3)

Over at the keep there is a guy using it successfully(also necrarch user). You are already aware of the risk so no point if pointing those out.

As long as you can keep him out of missle fire I think you will be alright, he surely will hurt alot on a flank charge but should them be assisted by wolves or infantry to ensure a bad round of combat wont make him crumble(and a possible autobreak).

I havent got one myself but I will in a not so distant future.

Cheers dancey
    ""What's the matter? Don't ya like clowns? Don't we make ya laugh?" - Captain Spaulding.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just be flexible. If your opponent is using a lot of war machines or has long range spells (Skaven using Lore of the heavens has 2 such spells), don't use it. Otherwise go for it.

Aglaca

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1283 (x8)

Used well, they can be devastating. They don't even have a scaly skin save, but as you point out, IoN does wonders for multi-wound models.

Just don't be too rash with one. Use it to support and don't forget that your models need the general's march range.

At 3000 pts you can run a lord on a dragon and a count on a nightmare. I've seen that list well played (also had a MASSIVE BK unit) and it ran over just about everything it encountered.
    Painting Videos--My Warriors of Chaos--WHFB Tactica Index

+ Reply to Thread