Blood Dragon Challenges - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Blood Dragon Challenges

I have a question about challenges concerning the slaan. I dont have the book for the lizard men so im a little unsure of their rules but i thought i read in there somewhere that the big lizards on pedistals never fight. Does that mean we cant challenge them to duels or am i just mixed up here? I also thought i read that they have a spell to give themselves 3 str 5 attacks for cc but again i may just be confused. I plan on fighting a lizardman army in a week or so and want to know if i can challenge his leader. And if he cant be challenged does he lose the benefit of his leadership the same as refusing a duel?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If hes is on his own, you cannot challenge him, becuase there is nowhere to hide or run for him(I think?). You would not need to issue a challenge, and you could get as many attacks off as you are in base contact. The problem ofcourse is he has t5 and a 4+wd save. With a mounted count and a lance it wont be a problem getting through the first layer, but after that it gets tough. The good thing is, if you cause a wound, and have a banner, even if he has the warbanner, you will win combat and be bigger, meaning he autobreaks XD. The hard part is if he is protected by being in the back, or in a unit of temple guard, in which you will have to bust that down to like 2(estimate) models left in order to touch him. The spell you may be thinking of is flaming sword of rhuin, but that is the 2nd spell on the lore of fire, and no slann will try to get that on his list.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

slaans can be challenged just like any other character however it is getting into a position to challenge thats the problem you can only challenge characters in the first rank and slaan are only in the first rank when their temple guard is dead (hah! yeah right ya only need 9 or 10 great cannons to remove that lot!) the slaan can cast spells from the dias even when the unit is engaged in cc and there are certain spells that will efect the immediate battle
    "take my love, take my land, take me to where i cannot stand, i don't care i'm still free you can't take the sky from meee" ;- firefly

"i'm gonna grant you your greatest wish i'm gonna show you a world without sin" ;- serentiy

"I am a leaf on the wind, watch how i soar" ;- serenity

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My lizardmen friend doesn't actually run the slann in temple guard, it is a huge points sink for a protective unit, when the slann is already well protected from most things. Oh and I was wrong, its the other way around, if a single character is challenged he cannot turn it down.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ah i see, thanks for clearin that up for me fellas.

+ Reply to Thread