VC army out of non-VC models - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

VC army out of non-VC models

Does anyone use anything other than GW models for their VC Army? I have a couple Reaper models for characters, but after looking over the new price list I think some of the prices are a bit too high.

I can convert some things I know, but just wondering if anyone uses anything other than GW in their army. Way I see it you can use reaper models for characters, spirit hosts, and banshee's (I use a reaper necro and Wight Lord, and they fit right in after you ditch the bases). $35 for 20 zombies/skellies is a decent price, you can use empire/bretonnian knights for Black Knights, I saw someone use chaos warriors as GG (12 for $35, better than normal GG price). You can buy Goblin wolf cav for dire wolves (10 for $35). Does anyone use anything different/cheaper? Any idea's for Ghouls, bat swarms and fell bats?

I looked over some of the D&D miniatures but it looks like they sell them randomly like Mage Knights, and may not be to the correct scale.

I'm looking more for a price break for someone I know who is wanting to get started and doesn't want to drop $1500 (I think that's what his cost came out to when added up on GW-Shop). Also something to keep in mind when I expand my army to 3k+ points.

Aglaca

PS. I also wanted to say that converting can be very fun, and makes your army very unique. I like some of the converted pics I have seen, though I don't copy, an idea or two is nice.

Last edited by Aglaca; July 19th, 2006 at 17:29.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dnd Miniatures come in random packs. But at some places you can buy them seperatly.
    I use Reaper and Rackham models for my characters, but using metal models get expensive when you need 40 zombiez and 40 skeletons (for ex).

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1283 (x8)

A guy I play with uses non-GW products for his characters--he has a halloween theme--so a pumpkin head wight lord (looks great, too)

And a couple of cool models for a count and thrall--an undead scarecrow kinda thing and an undead gravedigger model

One thing you've probably already thought of is Ebay. I got really lucky when I started warhammer and found a VC lot, largely unpainted or semi-painted, that I got at a steal...so keep an eye out there if you're not already.
    Painting Videos--My Warriors of Chaos--WHFB Tactica Index

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    150 (x8)

How can a 3000 point army cost 1500$ ? I have a 3500+ point army of dwarfs shy of a grand. Unless it's a slayer are or similar pewter model lists, it can be more than 750-900.
    Best Regards,
    Wolf_Pack

+ Reply to Thread