Which New Special Character? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

View Poll Results: Which new special character do you want?

Voters
68. You may not vote on this poll
  • Konrad von Carstein (or other von Carstein)

6 8.82%
  • Abhorash (or other Blood Dragon)

22 32.35%
  • Nicodemus (or other Necrarch)

6 8.82%
  • Ushoran (or other Strigoi)

24 35.29%
  • Mara (or other Lahmian)

10 14.71%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1283 (x8)

Which New Special Character?

Based on the first special characters poll, I think there's room for a second one.

If you could have a new special character which would it be?

By the way, Mara and Nicodemus come from the fluff articles in the VC army book. There weren't any other options.

Last edited by DavidWC09; November 8th, 2006 at 23:36.
    Painting Videos--My Warriors of Chaos--WHFB Tactica Index

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I voted Blood Dragon, but would've voted Strigoi as well if permitted. Simply for the players of those bloodlines wanting to try a special character. As a Von Carstein player I would of course like to see Konrad or some other vampire from that line, but I haven't ever played with the ones that's there, so it's purely for the stories.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Konrad could be quite fun to use. A Frenzied Vampire Lord? Yes Please.
    Life is too serious to be taken seriously

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    62 (x2)

I voted Strigoi as I really want to see a CC monster special character. Basicaly while none of our characters are bad in CC, none of them really shine. They seem to focus more on magic and strange equipment (not that that is a bad thing...) and I wouldn't mind a vampire that would be on par with some of the moral characters out there, such as the Orc one, Borgut I think his name is... 7 attacks at str 7 that always go first and a great overall stat line, all for under 400 points? There should be one vampire which can compaire to something like that, and I think Strigoi is the bloodline to do it. For a blooddragon character I would want to see more interesting abilities showing that he/she is a master of skilled combat, not just a brute force powerhouse such as a strigoi.

Now 17% more helpful gingerninja's Avatar
    In the ninja lab.......of course it exists!!!!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    262 (x7)

I voted for Blood Dragons, but I doubt that we would see Abhorash. Can you imagine his stats!! Will always hit and wound etc. He would be a combat god.

Maybe the Red Duke from the 5th edition?
    New LOChat functions now avaliable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheredanine View Post
    Dr Gingerninjas therapy room for kids with a poor grasp of both english and Warhammer, please take a ticket from nurse deciever

Need a list designed for any Fantasy army: Click Here

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I too voted for Blood Dragon if only because I play them and every other bloodline barring Strigoi has at least one. I mean come on Skillet, another Von Carstein, you've got two already. I personally think that either Walach for Blood Dragons or that one Ghoul King Strigoi that supposedly made it to werever it was that Ushoran made his kingdom from.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Itachi Uchiha
    Konoha's Morning Mist and the true
    Sharingan sucessor
    Itachi, we love you always
    Official Shodaime Hokage of the CON 2 Boards

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As I said, I too voted for a Blood Dragon.

I neither want nor need another Carstein character, but wouldn't be sad if one was made, as I like the fluff. Anything to depict the vampires of the old world.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    41 (x2)

wow...thats a tough choice. I'd love to see a blood dragon special character, but I think maybe the strigoi need one more. People are going to play blood dragons regardless of whether or not they have a cool special character.

Strigoi, however, have no special character and are not near as popular as blood dragon. Maybe if they had a special character (which adds some fluff to the bloodline), they might have a bigger fan base.

Not to say that strigoi aren't good or unpopular (more people seem to like them than they do nechrarch or lahmian), but blood dragons are definitely a more common sight on the battlefield
    My 40K Armies:
    ----------------
    - Thousand Sons
    - Mordian Imperial Guard

- TAU
    - Dark Eldar

My Fantasy Armies:
    ---------------------
    - Lhamian Vampire Counts
    - Empire

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Are Blood Dragons truly so popular? I myself though that Von Carsteins were the most played. I think that out of all the bloodlines I would want to play either Strigoi or Blood Dragons the most, even though i can see why people like Von Carstein and Necrarch so i am a bit suprised when you say that Strigoi arent very popular. Then again we only have Fantasy games here one night every two weeks so alot of people have kinda just migrated to 40K. Even though i would like to see a Blood Dragon character i suppose the Strigoi do need one worse, even though i cant see how just having a special character would make them more popular.

As said Blood Dragons do not have any special character yet apaprently they are the most played, so I wouldnt expect too big a turn around just because Strigoi gain a char. I think that VC would do better to make a couple small changes to the relatively ignored bloodlines(a.k.a Lahmians and Necrarch) and see if they cant take the focus off the ones that people hear about so often that they conclude they msut be good for so many people to play them and so start playing them as well.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Itachi Uchiha
    Konoha's Morning Mist and the true
    Sharingan sucessor
    Itachi, we love you always
    Official Shodaime Hokage of the CON 2 Boards

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    41 (x2)

I was just basing my "popularity statement" off what I see at my local gaming store, and the results from the "Which VC army do you play?" poll in this section of the forum.

I personally am cool with the rules for the Lahmians. Sure, their psychological abilities are usually almost worthless (though sometimes they work out), I like their ability to always strike first and have an initiative of 10. They can still be just as strong as any other vampire. Sure they take -1 to their weapon skill...but they'll still hit anything but a chaos lord or another vampire on a 3+.

I don't mind using one of the least popular bloodlines. Most people where I'm from call blood dragon armies "cheese" (I disagree, but they're mostly sore loosers). Whenever I play against them though, they say "Lahmian? wow, you chose the crappy bloodline...whatever"...and then when I kill their general before he gets to strike back, I just shrug and say "yeah...there's your crappy vampire for you"
    Last edited by Neferata; November 9th, 2006 at 20:35.
    My 40K Armies:
    ----------------
    - Thousand Sons
    - Mordian Imperial Guard

- TAU
    - Dark Eldar

My Fantasy Armies:
    ---------------------
    - Lhamian Vampire Counts
    - Empire

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast