Ghoul Conversions - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ghoul Conversions

After recovering from the heart attack I recieved when looking at the price for ghoul regiments, I decided to consider doing a little converting. Looking around the sight, I found that the best looking potential models was the Empire Militia. What I figured I could do would be to cut out the model's weapons, use a knife or file to rip their clothes a little to make them look ragged, and paint them.

Does anyone else have any advice on similar conversions?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Senior Member The vampire Lestat's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've been working on the exact same thing for about 2 months now (stupid Wood Elves can shoot these instead) and I'm just making sure they all have two hand weapons to account for the attacks and the rest will mainly be paint job, but I'll include skeleton and zombie bits to the bases to make them look more like cannibals.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would strongly suggest mixing multi part orc plastic kit with empire militia - they should be feral and muscular and wear little clothing - basically the old style ors.
    However, seeing how GW have gone mad/incompetant and turned warhammer worcs into 40k orcs, they have ruined the look by adding too much armour, so you might have to find older orc models.

-Slyth

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mmmmm...cannibalism...yeah, I think that ghouls would look better with some spare zombie and skeleton parts. Muscles and ferality would also look pretty good.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've been making ghouls from zombie/militia bits. But they didnt' look like Toughness 4.
    I like the idea of Orc bits (would also help them with the hunched posture).

Thanks guys.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lotr URUK-HAI BERSERKERS has a similar body structure to ghouls...but again 12 bucks for 3....so that gives another option to do but metal....

+ Reply to Thread