How many...?? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: How many...??

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    44 (x2)

How many...??

I'm just curious how many Zombies and skeleton models the rest of you VC players keep stocked in your boxes? I'm going for a total of about 75 of each. Is that too few? Too many? I'm planning to play Nechrarch

Last edited by jmeis982; April 17th, 2007 at 16:19.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That should be plenty. It also depends on what type of army you'll be running. I've got 80-90 skeletons and about 50 zombies. I use the skeletons for my core blocks along with maybe one unit of zombies, the rest of the zombies are for raising.
    Some people use zombies a lot more than me, and therefore need more of those, but as it is I've never needed any more than what I have now, even at 3000 points games.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I also run Necrarchs.

I have a total of about 50 Zombies, and 83 Skeletons. I use anywhere between 40-50 Skeletons in my list, and the rest for summoning, and it is more than enough.

I run about 20-25 Zombies in my list, and the remaining for summoning -isn't- enough.
    Warhammer Fantasy: Vampire Counts | Wood Elves | Chaos

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

figure out how big your units are going to be and then figure having at least 20 more on top of that. More is probably better for rasing units and reinforcing what you have.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1283 (x8)

75 each would work well.

I usually start with 40-50 skeletons and maybe 25-30 zombies. Then I'd 20 more of each to summon.
    Painting Videos--My Warriors of Chaos--WHFB Tactica Index

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    44 (x2)

Should I bother with unarmored skele's? Or just do all Skele's with Light Armor, HW/Shield?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1283 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by jmeis982 View Post
    Should I bother with unarmored skele's? Or just do all Skele's with Light Armor, HW/Shield?
    There are a few options and a few different, standard opinions, all of them logical in their own way.

1. Take lt armor. You'll have a 4+ armor save to the front and 5+ to three sides. Your guys will live a bit longer and therefore get a few more kills along the way. Still, don't expect a lot of kills as skeletons kind of suck regardless.

2. Skip the armor. Go with the standard equipment and rely on numbers and flankers to overwhelm the enemy.

3. Take spears. You'll get the most wounds that way, and it's cheaper than armor.

Only because I had no idea of the difference when I first started playing, I have one unit with spears and the other with hand weapons and lt armor. It works out well enough. I've never tracked the numbers, but as long as there's a beefy vampire, wight lord, or thrall involved somewhere in the killing, then everything's going to go my way sooner or later.
    Painting Videos--My Warriors of Chaos--WHFB Tactica Index

Senior Member The vampire Lestat's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've got 120 skelletons and 30 Zombies and I usually have serveral large units of unarmoured skelletons and a small unit of armoured skelleton that I raise into, so I don't have to pay for the upgrades. Spears I don't like because then I'm just doubling the attacks that won't wound (I play Brittonians and Lizardmen mainly) and I'd rather have more models with a better save.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    27 (x1)

Go for the zombies my man! As i've pointed in ni many other posts, zombies are vastly superior to skeletons.

I run 3-4 blocks of 30-40 with a 10 frontage in anything up to 2000 points, and at least that many again in reserve to raise.

+ Reply to Thread