Vampire Newbie - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Vampire Newbie

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Vampire Newbie

Heya, I'm currently a dwarf player and want something evil, something evil that isnt chaos or elves anyway. I was back home and dug out the old undead rulebook from when i used to play them, from when the undead were one force with nagash at its head, think its about 10 or 11 years old. Anyway that got me thinking about the undead. After looking at the Tomb Kings I dont really like the fluff and I do enjoy Vampires culturally.

However I really cant get my head around the models, I love the rules, but after looking at the minis in store I'm starting to change my mind. I do like conversions, but with the models looking the way they do I feel like I'd have to convert the whole lot to enjoy looking at the finished product.

Anyway on that note does anyone know ehen the models are getting updated as I don't think theyve changed the skeleton steeds much from that rulebook i mentioned earlier and the skeletons and zombies plastics regiment boxes havent changed since 1st release either.

Cheers, Nachtjager

aut viam inveniam aut faciam / I'll either find a way or make one.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    255 (x6)

Rumor has it that the new vampires will be out some time later this year.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    27 (x1)

The models wont change for quite some time i'm afriad. I would suggest converstions, as it's what i've done with both my Vampire Counts armies. So here's what I did just to give you a little inspiration:

Variant 1 was a Undead Dark Elves theme, with all the Skeleton & Zombies being made with mixed in DE spearmen. It also had little changes like undead Cold Ones as Black Knights, Executioners for Grave Guard, and a whol bunch of other stuff.

Variant 2 and my personnel favorite was a storm of chaos themed one with Grave Guard made of Chaos Warriors, spirit hosts using daemons, Zombies using mixed zombie and empire free company models.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

*sighs* Thats a pain, while i do enjoy converting my armies to give it a unique feel, between university studies and full time work, I dont really have as much time as I would really need to make a hefty conversion load. Oh well I suppose I can get by with just conversions to the main models, Vampires, Necromancers, Bats and a bit on the wolves.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    238 (x6)

The new Vampire Counts book is one of the next ones to be released (hopefully bringing lots of juicy new models with it) but since the High Elf book will be out first, and this year's summer campaign is for Fantasy (which could delay FB releases) it could be a while before the Vampires actually get their update. Which is a shame, as I would consider playing VC if their model range was improved.

As for when it is actually released I have to say I have no idea, but it should be within a year. Whether it is later this year or even early 2008 I unfortunately have no idea.
    Thou shalt remember:
    Warhammer Fantasy armies do NOT have Codices. They have Army Books.

LINK - Guitarists of LO Group

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1283 (x8)

Lots of rumours are floating around. I've heard that the skeletons and zombies won't change, which is too bad. They're good, but they could be improved. And the new sprues have so much character and so many bits. Skeletons could have a lot more distinction if done right, zombies, too.
    Painting Videos--My Warriors of Chaos--WHFB Tactica Index

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hmm, oh well, may well end up waiting and carrying on with the short bestunted ones for a while till it gets updated, or make a start on an ogre kingdoms army which was always in the back of my mind. I've got the same view as you ancalagon, i love the rules + fluff but don't think the models are as good as they could be.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For myself I used a combination of VC parts and Bretonna pesants and knights. Just swap out there heads and a couple arms and you get plenty of zombies. Knights of the realm become black knights and im thinking of turning some Men-at-Arms into some grave guard.

+ Reply to Thread