Call me slow... - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Call me slow...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    30 (x1)

Call me slow...

Call me slow but I just realized that the VC bloodlines are all identical to the chaos gods.

Von Carstein = undivided
    Blood Dragon = Khorne
    Stirgoi = Nurgle
    Lahmia = Slaanesh
    Necarch = Tzeentch

When it was designed this way do you think it was done with some specific fluff in mind? Or was there fluff that was well before my time?

If there isn't any fluff on it do you think there will be?

Maybe they were just lazy and liked how well chaos was working out, or maybe it was the other way around.

What do you think?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    139 (x8)

That is an interesting observation.. I never thought of it like that. Perhaps the bloodlines were created by the powers of chaos?

Its probably more likely to be just coincidence though.
    The LO ANZAC Clan!

The Pirate's Haven BFG clan! Breathe life into this fantastic GW system.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    476 (x8)

I'd say it's more that the themes are quite similar. Warriors, wizards and such are ideas that run through most of the races in warhammer.

Lahmians are somewhat tzeentchian in the way they prefer to manipulate others and control their actions. Strigoi isn't that nurglesque, I'd say - they're more beastly and necrarchs are a lot more mouldier than their feral cousins . And necrarchs don't really change like Tzeentch would like!

Having an army and not owning a rulebook is like owning a car with no steering wheel.

Quote Originally Posted by amishcellphone
    <3 rork. He does all the arguing so I don't have to.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    30 (x1)

Lahmians are somewhat tzeentchian in the way they prefer to manipulate others and control their actions. Strigoi isn't that nurglesque, I'd say - they're more beastly and necrarchs are a lot more mouldier than their feral cousins . And necrarchs don't really change like Tzeentch would like!
    Fair enough.

I think they just took the structure from the chaos gods and used that for the vampires.

generic/combat/magic are common archetypes but rot and seduction are not. The stirgoi lords I've seen look very nurglesque but maybe it was just the paint jobs.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would say that any charcter can look like a chaos charcter. You have your wizards and warriors but i would say that while Khorn can become frenzied he cant cast spell like a blood dragon. Also when you pick a chaos god your whole army has to reflect the worship of that god while VC can still choose whatever units they want.

+ Reply to Thread