Skellies or Zombies? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

1 (x1)

Skellies or Zombies?

Just wondering which one everyone prefers. I play Sylvania, so I prefer skeletons; 2 pts for spears or x-bows and not striking last is worth it in my book.

2. Remove Advertisements

0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

139 (x8)

You think skeletons are better for Sylvanians?!? And you think spears are worth it?

Sylvanian zombies get spears as well. Do you expect either to really kill much? In fact, is it the role of skellies/zombies to kill? IMO their role is to hold opponents in place until heavy stuff arrives, or to beat and outnumber with fear if you have a character in the unit. Or both. Which means it is better for them to survuve longer, so hand weapon and shield is what most people use for skeletons.

In the case of Sylvanians (of which I am a big fan) both skellies and zombies get armour and shields (and spears, but thats a moot point IMO) so zombies are the superior by far. They can hold themselves just as well as skellies for less points.

Of course the crossbows do make skellies have some value, but buying crossbows and deploying them is a bit pointless... At BS2 and long range they're not going to hit anything. Better to pop them up with grave markers that are at close range to your opponents or even behind their advancing lines.
    The LO ANZAC Clan!

The Pirate's Haven BFG clan! Breathe life into this fantastic GW system.

+ Reply to Thread