When And how do i use a Wraith? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When And how do i use a Wraith?

I just picked up the model and the wraiths look great but when looking over there stat line i found that i have no ide why i would ever pick it.

Thus i ask you, masters of all things dead, how can i use the cool looking wraith?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Stick it in a skeleton unit and the enemy usually thinks that its just another skeleton, then use its terror to make them flee and chase them down. Alternatively, challenge charachters with it, and when they dont have and magic items you and your two handed sythe should take it down.

-DE
    "The anatomy of your brain is more than your mind can handle. What?"

Current Armies

Vampire Counts - 3500 Points

Orcs And Goblins - 2000 Points

LO's unofficial Jester Visitor Q's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    377 (x8)

Obsidan Amulet combined with the Wraiths Etheral status makes him quite a nasty opponent for enemy characters to face. Alternativly give him the Talon of Death and watch him whittle down the enemy ranks.
    "God is dead" Nietzsche- 1886
    "Nietzsche is dead" God- 1900

Why are there scams? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q71FLDIMBc8

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    26 (x1)

terror causing wraith on a etheral nightmare is good for spreading problems in you opponents battle line if he is low ld. also good with the cursed book in the middle of your army. Best trick is visitor Q's idea with the obsidian amulet though. :yes:
    Arms are an instrument of evil, No measure for thoughtful men until there fail all other choice but sad acceptance of it.
    Sun-Tse : The art of war

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    62 (x2)

I use mine with the cursed book against Lizardman. Chalenge Krox champions, or saurus champions, take their attacks out of the equasion, then the cursed book means that they only hit GG on a +5, or skellies/zombies on a +4. Does a number on O&G too, just watch out for characters, or giants which can yell and bawl and don't need to hit you to cause wounds.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmm... obsidian amulet, that might work. You all have a diffrent take on how to use him, but does he return the 130 point you trow at him every time?

LO's unofficial Jester Visitor Q's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    377 (x8)

Not sure. Personally I think that even the obsidan amulet combination isn't that efficient. I would prefer to spend the points on a Wight Lord. But that is how I would use a Wraith if I had to take one.
    "God is dead" Nietzsche- 1886
    "Nietzsche is dead" God- 1900

Why are there scams? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q71FLDIMBc8

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

allright, well i think that is all i need to know then. They suck, because they are not worth the points. Also a little bird (owner of my gaming shop) told me that they would return as a unit rather then a hero when the next update comes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My wraith is very often the MVP of my army; I give him the rod of flaming death and put him on a nightmare. He runs up a strong flank or right at the thick of my opponents shooting. I try to position him so that 1) if an enemy unit flees it goes into another unit or 2) in there rear to panic them toward my line. Breaking up potential flank formations can really screw with a good player. And the sheer numbers of panic tests I can force mean that some one will fail soon enough. Also another bound spell will not as good as an l2 necro still forces some pause in dispel choices. I rarely get him in combat unless it’s a war machine crew. I have used him as a body guard for my master necro on occasion accepting challenges from unit champs and non magic heroes but then I give him the talon, does the job but less of a psychological impact than a Wight lord with sword of kings

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    55 (x1)

The high points cost of the Wraith comes from Ethereal and Terror. His stat line is nothing to write home about, but combat wise they rely on stuff not being able to hurt them and then hitting them with the great weapon.
    Stick him in a unit of zombies and it changes from a tarpit unit to a unit that could actually win.
    Talon of death, cursed book and obsidian amulet are all solid items to give a Wraith IMO. Black axe of Krell is useful against multi wound creatures, so stuff like Ogre Kingdoms.

For a laugh me and my mate made a list with 2 wraiths and a thrall with Wailing helm, so that there's 3 terror causing units in the army.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast