invocation on self - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

invocation on self

i tried to search this but i couldn't find it. i know you can use invocation to heal other models and lond as they are within range, but can you use this spell to heal yourself?

i know it says to declare target model so i'm assuming that you can't really target yourself.

thanks guys

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sure you can target yourself . Its any model with multiple wounds within range (assuming its an undead model). Otherwise IoN wouldnt be that good.

-DE
    "The anatomy of your brain is more than your mind can handle. What?"

Current Armies

Vampire Counts - 3500 Points

Orcs And Goblins - 2000 Points

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmm, I'm not that sure on that one. I've always played it that one cannot. As it isn't clearly stated you can, like with Hand of Dust.

Yours

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    106 (x6)

nehek

If it says declare target you can't target yourself. Basically its "any models within..." And it doesn't site you can actually cast on yourself so most likely you can't. You could however use another caster to do this, as most of your caster will probably have it, its not a restrictive spell. Probably one of the best spells in the game due to options you can do.

EDIT: check the FAQ no references to being able to do it so RAW appears to say no.
    Last edited by MouseC112; July 13th, 2007 at 16:11. Reason: additional info
    40K-Beakies(9-14-4),Guard(4-7-2),Orks(34-12-11). FANTASY-Dwarves(15-6-7),Beasts (14-14-1), Skaven (17-17-10) DoC (6-1-2). CYGNAR (28-15-1)

LO's unofficial Jester Visitor Q's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    377 (x8)

I believe you can. In a WD Mike Walker gives tactics on how to cast Necromantic magic and mentions that his Count will cast IoN on himself. While this isn't absolutly authority the fact that it got published should be persuasive authority.

Generally I play the rule if it doesn't say you can't you can.

This is added to the fact that there is nothing in the fluff that suggests this would be 'silly'.
    "God is dead" Nietzsche- 1886
    "Nietzsche is dead" God- 1900

Why are there scams? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q71FLDIMBc8

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As it includes undead within range, I would say it also includes the caster. As with other details not clearly stated in the books, ask your opponent before the game, or apply your interpretation as a house rule.

-Paz
    Rork edit: Woah! Check your spelling - you only give "special chocies" to your girlfriend.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have always played it as you can target self, as have all the other vamp players i know. The character will be a multi wound undead model and there really isnt likely to be a problem with range... I dont see why not
    Everyone makes mistakes. mine was to leave her head in the fridge.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by farmerralph View Post
    and there really isnt likely to be a problem with range...
    I dunno, them Necros sure have a habit of being 19" away from their own bodies... :p

Anyways, really horrible jokes aside, I have always played that wizards CAN heal themselves. Hand of Dust specifically states that it can be cast on himself, because it can ONLY be cast on himself. The wizard cannot cast the spell on another character. However, the wording for Invocation of Nehek simply states to choose one undead model, and then measure range. There is nothing even remotley indicating that the wizard could not choose himself.
    Warhammer Fantasy: Vampire Counts | Wood Elves | Chaos

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well the reason i asked this was because it says to "declare target model". to me that sounds like choosing someone other than yourself.

but at the same time the whole point of necromancy is to try and live forever so it makes sense to heal yourself so you can live as long as you can.

i just wanted to clarify the rule because like some other rules, it's one of those passages that i can over and over and still be unclear as to what the writers meant when they wrote it.

but i think i will start using it on my self. thanks guys.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1283 (x8)

In my nearly 3 years of playing Vampires, I've never even heard it questioned, by GW staff or players or anybody for that matter. As the rules state, any model with multiple wounds on its profile, which would include the caster.
    Painting Videos--My Warriors of Chaos--WHFB Tactica Index

+ Reply to Thread