Votewar Organisation - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Xuy
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    35 (x1)

Votewar Organisation

I'm not sure what everyone else think but I reckon that the votewar organisation isn't too good.
    Each round match should have it's own thread along with a poll and the nature of the match and the round should be stated clearly in the title. Maybe then more people would take part.

Just my thoughts ^_^

A billion chinese can't be wrong - eat rice.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

In a cave underneath the great mountains gaurding a treassure you'll never find
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    40 (x3)

Yeah that sounds like a good idea to me. That would also gives slightly shorter threads to roll down for finding the standing match and so.

I too believe that it could attract more voters to the votewar, voters who may join up for the next round
    Dragons do flame.... but only when they are upset or they want to

According to new signature rules my hydra (the only reason for it to be here was to please Caluin) have been removed. But still dragons pwnz hydras anytime

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    35 (x1)

While I am not exactly sure how Farseer Sareld is handling his tourney. However, that was the original intention for Votewar. When I get the Fantasy Tournament up an running you will see a very well organized tourney.

Also, sign up Fantasy still has army spots open.

Geronimo, look out below. Here comes the brother with the offbeat flow. I just fell from the mother ship.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    108 (x4)

ahem.. a new thread for every battle? It sure would be nice if possible, but an 8-list tournament like the current one would spand 7 threads, a 16 list one will span 15 threads and so on.. the votewar forum would be flooded in threads, and it would soon be too confusing to navigate. One tournament will be held in one thread, there is no other way.

A poll would sure be nice to include, but then again it would enable players to just vote without justifying their reasons, and the votewars will become dull and uninteresting. The entire point about these tournaments is to discuss tactics and learn from it, not just to click on lists.

And to those of you who wonder, who fights who is entirely random. I pick two lists from the remaining group at random for every battle, the winner goes on and the other is eliminated. When every list have been through round one, I do it again, and so I continue untill the grand finale.

Are there any other ideas as to what should be done diffrent?

LO's Shadow Captain Lost Nemesis's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

830 (x8)

I still think there should be some other way to organise it; it's simply too hard (IMO) to read in the current single-thread tourneys.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

108 (x4)

IF we were to have one thread per battle, we would need a mod to close the old threads, which would require a lot of that persons time. But as we havent got that, I fear that it would be too hard to keep track of. I agree that it would be easier and faster to launch tournaments that way, as we would be able to run an entire round per turn.

I will write blackhat and ask for mod powers in this forum, but not until I have had some sleep. I will put the current tournament on hold, untill he replies, but the battles so far still counts.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    37 (x1)

Perhaps you should create a template for the army lists, sometimes I have a bit of difficulty in viewing them.

LO's Shadow Captain Lost Nemesis's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

830 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Schmeag
    Perhaps you should create a template for the army lists, sometimes I have a bit of difficulty in viewing them.
    That's a good idea; also, it would also help with anonymity, for those people who may know how some people write their army lists.

I wrote an article, "How to Write an Army List" that could help you in setting a template, Sareld, that's easy for everyone to read.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

108 (x4)

No, thats not a good idea.. Its a great idea

It should however be simple, as I store your lists in notepad. I will include a standardized layout in the next tournament :yes:

+ Reply to Thread