Fully mounted army? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fully mounted army?

Hello!

I'm still very new to the tabletop gaming scene. I've always been drawn to warhammer fantasy, but my bf insisted I start a 40k army with him lol! I just have a quick question (sorry if it's been asked or is stupid- I ran a search to no avail)...

Is it possible to have a fully mounted army? I mean without being horribly weakened or anything. I saw a 40k orc army ALL on bikes on ebay. It was so cool! But being the girly girl that I am, I'd love to have a large army of guys on horseback. I'm thinking either Empire or Bretonnia. Any ideas?

Now to get back to painting iron warriors before he catches me "cheating" :ninja:

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    131 (x5)

Greetings and Welcome to LO and the WHFB Boards!

To answer your question, the army you are looking for is Bretonnia. We (speaking as a Bret player) are the premiere mounted army in Fantasy. We have a special formation that maximizes the effectiveness of our knights and our hitting power on the charge. We also boast 5 different kinds of knights . To top it all off, Bretonnia is an amazing army to start Warhammer with IMO (they were what drew me into Fantasy). They have a great armor save and are fairly forgiving for a Fantasy army.

If you have any more questions about Bretonnia in gerenal, feel free to post in the Bretonnia sub-forum. Or feel free to drop me a PM if there is any questions I can answer/help you with.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Almost any amry that has cavalry can be used as all cavalry. Choas would be particularly mean in all cav, a guy I know plays it and wins EVERY damn game. Of course Bretonia are the usual all cav army there not nessisarily the best. Another guy I know plays a mostly cav vampire counts army and is suposedly the best vampire in all of Canada ! (by nemisis crown standings)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I play Bretonnia and I like it so far

And of course another cavalery army is high elves, lots of silver helms, chariots, mages and some skirmishers... very cool
    A Tau Ethereal was thought to have been killed today by a Bloodthirster. However, many Tau were seen fleeing the scene and are considered suspects.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

you can make an all-cav O&G army too :p

King of Librarium's Tombs Phoenix's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    579 (x8)

Nah, stick with the Brets, if youre going to do an all Cav army, might as well use the best available. And ofcourse someone has already helped you with a great list for them :yes:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Theres all knights empire, but they don't stand out like the HE or Brets, unless you mix it with lots of cannons and sigmarite warrior priests with an archlector riding a war alter. But this is greatly frowned upon.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1 word for you...

BRETONNIA

:drinking:

"Like frenzied beasts, they was. But I tell you, there was never a sweeter sound than the howls of the Wulfen that night."
    Sgt. Pridman, veteran of the Tlax slaughter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    157 (x3)

You want all calvary try skaven or dwarves , just kidding

Seriosly Brettonia are your best bet though if you can try a few games using proxies or somthing as they have the tendency to get boring to use, i know i did.
    BEN DIESEL FTW!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Brets are the archetypal all mounted army, but High elves deserve a mention, They have some of the fastest cavalry in the game, and are getting a new book and some very nice new models next month

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast