High Elfs 1000 Pts. - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok this is the army list i have been using for some time now, and i haven´t lost any game yet, but i feel i have been lucky too, hehehe.

Problem is im now going to enter a campaign and i whanted to improve my army, thats where you all come in, , all opinions are welcome

1 Mage - lvl2, elf steed, channeler, ring of fury, silver wand, lore of Fire/Heavens (depends on enemy). [192]

1 Mage - lvl 2, elf steed, pure of heart, channeler, jewel of the dusk, power stone/dispel scroll (depends on enemy magic power), lore of High Magic. [187]

5 First Silver Helms - heavy armour, shield, standard bearer, musician, champion, lion standard/war banner (depends if enemy has fear units). [175]

12 Swordmasters - standard bearer, musician, banner of sorcery/standard of balance (depends if enemy has fear units). [224]

10 Archers. [120]

1 Repeater Bolt Thrower. [100]

Total points 998.

Now i was thinking of changing the swordmasters for this:

5 Dragon Princes - standard, musician, champion, banner of sorcery/standard of balance (depends if enemy has fear units). [225]

Ok, im done i hope you guys give me your info on this.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think that you should exchange the Swords of Hoeth for some warriors. When you expand your army to maybe 1500pts then you should use you Men of Hoeth.
    No matter the race
    He who sheds blood with me here today
    Shall be my kinsmen eternal
    Forged in battle and bonded in blood
    With oaths of friendship and loyalty
    As long as our races shall last

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The mage with Jewel of the Dusk and Power Stone variant is illegal, as you cant take 2 arcane items.

Other than that, how do you use this army?

Stand and shoot/cast and when the enemy gets close, your SH/SwM charge?

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I thought you could have one common arcane and one unique arcane? Or does that just apply to the Dispel scroll?

Replace the Swordmasters with spearwarriors is my opinion.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oki, here it goes , my turn to explain my army.

First of all, WiCkEdRock is right, you can take one common and one unique arcane item and at least in the ArmyBuilder, the dispel scroll and the power stone are still available after you chose one unique item.

ok, why dont i change the swordmasters for the spears=, well i agree, a lot of spears are much better than those swordmaster, but i really do need those extra power dices.

why?

simple, this is a sort of defending army with one change, instead of staying put, firing and waiting for the enemy, i will keep runing away from them (ok the repeater and the archers stay put), my mages on horse can easily outrun the usual units in every army, and i always have the silver helms to charge anything that can put one of the mages in danger. even if i throw the silver helms to certain death, its worth it. the swordmasters are usually betwin the repeater and the archers so they can flank any attack on either.
    At the time they get to charge me, they already have (usually) at least 2 or 3 units down. that gives me space, to run around and cast cast cast, cause i have a lot of firepower, and with 4 dice castings that burns a LOT dispel dices, i have confronted vampires, khorns and orcs, all with 5, 6 and more dispel dices. and i still managed to break in with heavy magic, and a lot of shooting. thats why i need those extra dices that banner gives me. plus the ring of fire as bonnus.

for now im considering the change of the swordmasters for the dragon princes, cause they can run a lot more, and they are more dificult to kill than the swordmasters, but i have to try it out.

I never dealed before with skaven or lizards so i have no idea how it would turn out.

i was thinking of doing another army, based on cavalry instead of magik, and with shadow warriors, but i still didnt understand how do they work :blink:

EDIT:

O..... one more thing, i try to never ever get charged or charge, as i try to kill them all with magik and shooting, contact is only for emergencies, and yes people laugh of my cavalry runing away from a simple peasent unit hehehe. but it usually works hehehe.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

O..... one more thing, i try to never ever get charged or charge, as i try to kill them all with magik and shooting, contact is only for emergencies, and yes people laugh of my cavalry runing away from a simple peasent unit hehehe. but it usually works hehehe.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

OK, first of all, you can only take 1 of each magic type, with the exeption of Dispel Scrolls (and other items that specifically say it doesnt count towards the total max limit of the item type, like for instance Warpstone Tokens for Skaven) . And the Army Builder is far from a perfect way of building an army list. Its flawed.

Second of all, and this is just my opinion, evasive armies like that really isnt much fun to play against, and arent really any fun to play with. All-magic/shooty armies (dwarves, SAD Skaven, gunline empire) are just a waste of time. The tactical element vanishes nearly completely, while all you actually do is roll dice. For 6 turns. IMO, thats not a fun game for either side. But thats just my opinion.

Secondly, your list doesnt seem that good, even for a magic/shooty list. My HE 1k list would most likely win vs that list, and same with my Skaven 1k list.

What do you do if you are confronted with an allcav army of HE? Or for that matter, Skaven?

And wouldnt the SH and SwMasters just be a waste if you arent going into HTH anyways? Why not add another RBT and more archers? Perhaps some Reavers and/or Shadow Warriors for disruption and harrassment?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Second of all, and this is just my opinion, evasive armies like that really isnt much fun to play against, and arent really any fun to play with. All-magic/shooty armies (dwarves, SAD Skaven, gunline empire) are just a waste of time. The tactical element vanishes nearly completely, while all you actually do is roll dice. For 6 turns. IMO, thats not a fun game for either side. But thats just my opinion.
    I 100% Agree

I have told many people, you rolled dice, the enemy could not get to you, does it make you a good player? Ummm...No.

That army is not very fluffy, why would 2 mages be present in such a small army?

If this list was faced with a Khorne or Tzeentch army then it would shut down your magic, batter you in combat and if Tzeentch cast a lot of nasty spells themself.

I would try and get either a unit of spearmen or another unit of silverhelms, 1 hero is enough in 1k. If you desperately want a second hero then take a commander with barded steed, hvy armour, shield and lance.

I think my 1k elves or Tzeentch could quite easily beat this.

If you keep playing evasively as you are then people may get fed up of playing against you.

Also remember a great eagle is always good.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes you guys are right, thats why i change my army almouts every month hehe.

im also thinking of making a sorth of all cavalry/shooty army. going to put the list in another thread......just give me 1 minut

O another thing, yes, its a bit boring to play that list, to many dice rolls and low strategie.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

OK, here is another tip: dont go all cav and shooting. Mixing them together is just plain dumb, as you cant (nor want) shoot into combat, and thus will only be using half your army at a time.

Closed Thread