'Warhammer: Dark Omen' - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

'Warhammer: Dark Omen'

I just bought the game 'Warhammer: Dark Omen' of off trademe (NZ version of ebay), this game rocks. so much fun playing the campaign with all the units from 5th edition. I would recommend this game to everyone, you can read a review here...

http://www.gamespot.com/pc/strategy/...result;title;0

anyways as I was playing it, I was wondering about whether anyone ever tried to make Bernhart's army of grudgebringers, like his knights, the infantry and cannon etc? I'm seriously considering converting up the cavalry for my border princes.

the game came out in 1998 on PC and Playstation, so anyway just a retro throwback if anyone remembers back that far.....:C

Adeptus Sororitas

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What a coinsedence I too just picked up that title. I can't figure out the controls. But the starting cinematic was worth the $3 dollar price tag.

As for seeing someone with or making a grudgebringers army.
    I've heard it discussed but not actually seen one in person, although my local GW Store did have the empire 6th edition display models with the grudgebringers colors persay
    2007 Battle Counter
    W/L/D
    Imperial Guard: 1.1.0
    Empire: 1.0.0

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1283 (x8)

Huh, I'd never heard of that one. Might have to do a little look around.
    Painting Videos--My Warriors of Chaos--WHFB Tactica Index

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

never heard of the game? wow man you missed out. it's really good, the cut scenes are the best. If you want to hear Karl Franz giving out orders it's the closest you'll ever get to it hah;Y come to think of it the whole thing is packed with german accented characters.

I started to look into painting up some grudgebringer cavalry but ended up losing enthusiasm for it unfortunately, may still do the infantry......
    Adeptus Sororitas

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    33 (x1)

I have that game for playstation. It's a bit of a pig to control with a PS controller, but you can do it with practice. There are a couple of cheats available for it as well. I just use the one for extra gold as otherwise you can hardly get enough to prevent your army wasting away.

I really like the game as it is far more tactical than many conventional command and conquer style games. Instead of resource management and base building you are really fielding a Warhammer army. The defensive/offensive tactics of the Empire and good use of artillery and magic are essential. Flank and rear attacks are nearly always instantly lethal, making manoeuvre really important.

Since all the units have animated and voiced characters to lead them who yell charge and go 'hurk!' as they die when their unit is wiped out it really lends character. It reminds me of a graphically simple Rome: Total War.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    35 (x1)

Sorry to resurrect an old post, but I absolutely love this game. I've been playing it lately coincidentally on my old computer (which I bought to play games like this and Chaos Gate).

There are some hard levels. I played Great Forest 5 or 6 probably 30 times literally to get a magic banner while not lossing tons of guys. I like how your losses carry over, but it is difficult to keep your army intact enough to compete with the ambushes and such. It is also cool how they worked in experience and armor upgrades.

I definitely recommend this game to die hards. My favorite games are for windows 95. Warhammer games are a lot of fun and the old ones have original interfaces and great storylines.

Chaos Gate: space marines verses word bearers, experience based squad battles
    Liberation(?): epic 40k campaign
    Rites of War: eldar verses marines, nids, and sisters
    "...and thee shall know the Emperor's might when thy enemies fall before thy guns. No crude Orkish blade can pierce thy anointed armor, nor any twisted alien resist the sting of thy sword." ~Major Kaelen Rhodes

Consumate professional Sir Theobold the Lame's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    280 (x8)

Warhammer: Shadow of the Horned Rat was one of my all time favourite games for Windows 95, along with the Space Hulk game, i liked Dark Omen too but Horned Rat was always my favourite.

I particularly liked the northern accents given to the dwarfs "you ave skill w'i a blade"
    PLAN CLAN MAN!!

He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man- S. Johnson

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    35 (x1)

I have horned rat too but I haven't played it because omen was newer. I'll have to give it a try. I didn't know there was a space hulk game. What is it called?
    "...and thee shall know the Emperor's might when thy enemies fall before thy guns. No crude Orkish blade can pierce thy anointed armor, nor any twisted alien resist the sting of thy sword." ~Major Kaelen Rhodes

Consumate professional Sir Theobold the Lame's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    280 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Rhoaran View Post
    I have horned rat too but I haven't played it because omen was newer. I'll have to give it a try. I didn't know there was a space hulk game. What is it called?
    There were 2- Space Hulk and Space Hulk 2! i think they came out in the mid-90s published by Electronic Arts of all people- i only played the first one, it was really scary, FPS/RTS mix with 4 split screens (1 for each of your squad) rudimentary voices and creepy genestealers popping out of nowhere- great game, would be excellent nowadays with the graphical capabilities of modern PCs
    PLAN CLAN MAN!!

He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man- S. Johnson

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    35 (x1)

I will have to get a hold a those since I have a great old gaming computer.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast