Bret 1000 Pt - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: Bret 1000 Pt

0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

17 (x1)

Charas: 210 pts

General: Damsel, 1 dispel scroll, chalice of Malfleur - 115

Bsb: Paladin, Virtue of Empathy, War Banner - 95

Core: 615 pts

10 men-at-arms, halberds - 50

16 men-at-arms, spears, full command - 107

19 men-at-arms, spears, musician - 100

10 bowmen, skirmish - 70

10 bowmen - 60

10 bowmen - 60

6 Knights of the Realm, full command - 168

Special: 87 pts

5 mtd. yeomen, shields, musician - 87

Rare: 90 pts

Trebuchet - 90

Total: 1002 pts

PD: 3
    DD: 3+1 (chalice)

Tactics and such: Well, over a hundred models in a 1K army, not too shabby. This army list is based on a town garrison, a hastily gathered defence as a dark elf raid or other threat appears suddenly while most all the knights are away fighting some errantry war or other. Inspired by a comment at another board.

The bsb, bearing the town flag, will go in the 19 strong m@a unit. Essentially he'll be acting at the army's general (I mean, come on! There's him, and there's the weird Cup Lady) The damsel is really only there to counter the enemy's magic, but she's getting the Oxen Stands spell to (probably very ineffectually) assist in rallying fleeing troops. She'll hang back and lend her respectable ld7 to the bowmen and trebuchet crew, while trying not to get killed.

I thought I'd deploy the unit with the bsb on one flank, and the Realmies on the other, to maximise their leadership coverage over the army. This list is so utterly dependant on their leadership that I think it will collapse almost immediately if I make any mistakes... the price for making a fluffy army I guess.

Also, I have one question: The Oxen Stands says that it "can be cast on any friendly fleeing unit" that then rallies immediately. Does this include units that otherwise can't rally? On account of having been reduced to under 25% of its original unit strength, for example. It doesn't really specify.

I don't have the brb in front of me, only the online ref sheet. If the book is more precise please let me know...

2. Remove Advertisements

City among the seven mountains, Norway
    0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

2 (x2)

This army is really cool! It's got more models than my 1k common goblin army! I look forward to any battle reports you might post.
    I think that oxen stands can rally any fleeing unit.
    I kill two dwarves in the morning, I kill two dwarves at night. I kill two dwarves in the afternoon, and then I feel allright. I kill two dwarves in time of peace, and two in time of war. I kill two dwarves before I kill two dwarves, and then I kill two more.

Goblin kroozade of revengyness: win:19 draw:10 loss:9

Closed Thread