Librarium Online Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Scariest Magic Heavy Army

3K views 18 replies 14 participants last post by  Phoenix 
#1 ·
I was just wondering what army makes your dispel dice shake and quiver.:0

Now i don't mean "what army has the strongest lore" I'm wondering what army functions the best as a whole when it's "Magic Heavy".

#2 ·
I think its a pretty good guess to say either:

Tzeentch- Hordes of Chaos

or

Necromancer army - Vampire Counts

or

Thanquol and his army - Skaven

I think them 3 are the top set.

#8 ·
high elves are definitely one of those armies where all the dispel dice in the world doesnt seem enough. As their powerstones are cheaper there will be many powerful magic phases (15 power dice) and one uber magic phase. Should the powerstones be used in one turn. (between 34 and 37 powerdice).

Plus those elves have the banner of sorcery too.

Lizards always make my puny dispel dice seem even more puny. The same goes for Tzeench.

Dark Elf magic heavy armies are also quite scary.

#11 ·
My vote for scariest magic heavy would be Tzeentch, just for the vast amounts of pd you can get. My favorite would have to be a Slann though. 2nd gen with extra dice for each spell. mmmm 8Y

#13 ·
I tend no to let my opponants magic phase try to bother me too much, but with my TK, the following SHOULD be the most destructive:

- Tzeentch Mortal
- Slann
- Teclis.

However, i have not yet played vs Teclis (That game is lined up for easter) I have never faced a Slann so im not sure exactly how that would turn out. And, well, the two times i have faced a Tzeentch list,
1) 600pt Lord miscast, ended up in combat with some skellies. Lord flufed it, skellies ran him down with a persuit :) ... And
2) The Tze guy got 2 spells off all game! well, 3, but he tried casting the one that doesnt affect ItP. Still, the fact you need to roll to cast hurt him a lot.

Bassically both times Ive played Tze, ive massacred.

The army i do find THE hardest to face is Skaven at low points, i.e ess than 2K, is they have 3 Engineers with WL and one has the bound spell. That is some nasty magic to face.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.