Which army for my second... - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

View Poll Results: The second army! Which?

Voters
7. You may not vote on this poll
  • Hordes of Chaos -- Khorne

0 0%
  • Hordes of Chaos -- Nurgle

2 28.57%
  • Ogre Kingdoms

0 0%
  • Brettonia

1 14.29%
  • Beastmen

2 28.57%
  • Other

2 28.57%
+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Which army for my second...

Okay so I'm one model purchase away from being done with magic heavy High Elves and I wanted to pick a different army that's sort of the opposite side of the spectrum, maybe you guys can help me out.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well you've not got them up on the voting but if you waned to go for the army thats most different from a magic heavy HE army you just have to go for Dwarfs. Forget the magic phase completely.

Of course if you're talking aesthetics instead of gaming then I think Chaos Nurgle are about as far removed from the proud and elegant HE as you can get.
    Last edited by Esgalisil; February 20th, 2008 at 17:54.

King of Librarium's Tombs Phoenix's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    579 (x8)

I put my vote in for Beastmen. And not just because i 'play' them...

HE, small elite army, magic heavy.

From your list above:
    Khorne Hordes. If you do this fluffily it is totally no magic, but there is the option of taking casters. Still, most of the units are small and elite, if not a lot more hard hitting than Elves.

Nurgle HoC id just say avoid naturally...

Ogres, much like HE without the magic. Small units, hard hitting but easily outnumbered and beaten.

Brets i have had experiance playing,a nd found them a little dull in both Painting and Playing aspects. That is a personal opinion only ofcourse. Knights are prett one trick units, but you do have the option for a Pesant Horde. Can be built around magic, but often not.

Now, i voted for beasts as they are a Horde ish army. Lots of troops, not individually good in combat but en masse they work beautifully. Low Ld provides a good challenge, and having access to the HoC book for units too i think they would be your best bet for a wide range of unit selection.

+ Reply to Thread