2000pts Dark Elf List - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is my 2000pts Druchii list I have at the moment. I'll start collecting it soon, so I wanted to see if the list was OK. The basic stratergy is to charge the cold one units with the Nobles in forward, with the Hydra and Dark Riders, and have the Sorcerer Lord, RBT, Spearmen and Crossbowmen as a back up force, to shoot and act in a defending role.

(i haven't put hand weapons on the list)

Lords
    1 Sorceress Lord- 1 Dispel Scroll, 1 Power Stone, Darkstar Cloak, Talisman of Protection = 340pts

Heroes
    1 Noble- Cold One , Heavy Armour, Sheild, Sea Dragon Cloak, Blade of Ruin = 158pts (Leads War Banner Unit)

1 Noble- Cold One , Heavy Armour, Sheild, Sea Dragon Cloak, Hydra Blade = 158pts (Leads Banner of Murder Unit)

Core Units
    20 Warriors - Spears, Sheilds, Light armour, Full Command = 185pts

12 Warriors- Spear, Repeater Crossbows, Light armour = 132pts

5 Dark Riders- Spears, Light armour, Repeater crossbows, Dark Stteds, Full Command = 155pts

SPecial Units
    5 Cold one Knights- Lance, Heavy Armour, Sheild, Cold One, Full command, War Banner = 215pts

5 Cold one Knights- Lance, Heavy Armour, Sheild, Cold One, Full command, Banner of Murder = 235pts

Rare Units
    1 War Hydra- 2 Apprentices = 220pts
    2 Reaper Bolt Throwers = 200pts

TOTAL ARMY COST = 1998pts

Please be as harsh as you like, I would like to improve the list as much as I can!

Never drink more than 2 Pan-Galactic Gargle Blasters unless you are a thirty-ton Mega Elephant with brocal pheomonia!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Eh, i would rather take 2 sorceress heroes instead of one lord.
    And have you thought about making your hydra royal or veteran? They are awesome! (not always for the veteran..)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just call me The Big Cheese. I would go with 2 more bolt throwers to wittle down oponents rank and file troops or even their war machines. I have this thing about 6 shoots at 48" range with -2 to the armor saves.
    You&#39;re never to young to<u> teach </u>and never to old to <u>learn</u>&#33;&#33;&#33;

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And a thing about that: Is it S4 AND -2 armor save or is it just S4 and -1 armor save? I&#39;m confuzzled about that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It&#39;s S4 -2 to the armor save. -1 for the str4 -1 for armor piercing = -2
    You&#39;re never to young to<u> teach </u>and never to old to <u>learn</u>&#33;&#33;&#33;

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks, I&#39;ll re-jig the list and post it again. What do you think of having 2 cold one units (a druchii player I meet said they cost too much for what they are).
    Never drink more than 2 Pan-Galactic Gargle Blasters unless you are a thirty-ton Mega Elephant with brocal pheomonia&#33;

Master of the Crab Women swntzu's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    97 (x3)

Just a small fussy point here.

When you choose repeater crossbows you lose the spears. :w
    Watch this before posting:
    Posting and You

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I didn&#39;t realise ( ithought you kept them for combats, incase you were in rank). Maybe its worth losing a Champ or Standard andgive them sheilds (4+ save in combat for LA, Shield and Hand weapon and sheild rule.) what do you think?
    Never drink more than 2 Pan-Galactic Gargle Blasters unless you are a thirty-ton Mega Elephant with brocal pheomonia&#33;

Master of the Crab Women swntzu's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    97 (x3)

Don&#39;t ask me, I&#39;m a Cult of Slaanesh player&#33;

Seriously though, I use one unit of the minimum 10 warriors with reps. They only cost 110pts and provide great covering fire. They are also good for sacrifices due to their low cost.

However, what you say is correct in that if you want to go missile heavy, then you might want to tool up the reg for combat to perform multiple tasks. It does make you wonder why they took out the City Guard...

P.S. Did you know that there are users called Morpheus and Neo? We are using the avatars which would have gone so well with their names. Awww. NOT&#33;&#33;&#33; :lol:
    Watch this before posting:
    Posting and You

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just read the bit that says &#39;REPLACES spears&#39;. I feel so stupid for not seeing it. The city Guard off the GW site are great for the cost, shame their not in a proper DE list (one day...). I wonder if Neo and Morpheus have these avatars?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast