He Army List - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: He Army List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm trying to put together an all round HE army that can stand up to most armies.
    This is what i have arrived at after a few games:

Prince, Reaver Bow, Radiant Gem of Hoeth, Halberd, Heavy Armour (222) (placed in Spearmen unit)
    Mage, lvl 2, Ring of Fury, Dispel Scroll (180)
    Mage, lvl 2, Jewel of the Dusk, Silver Wand (155)

20 Spearmen, standard + champion (244)
    2 * 10 Archers (240)
    20 Swordmasters, standard + champion, Banner of Sorcery (334)
    1 Tiranoc Chariot (85)
    5 Silver Helms, fully equiped, Champion, Standard (143)
    5 Ellyrian Reavers, Musician (97)
    6 Shadow Warriors (90)
    2 Repeater Bolt Throwers (200)

The reavers and shadow warriors can be used to take out war machines or draw out fanatics, etc whilst the body of the army waits and shoots up the enemy with magic and shooting.

I have had mixed success with this and would welcome any suggestions. Please?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think that this is a 2000 pts army list, when I added it up it came up to 1990. Although I am myself a great fan of the radient gem of hoeth, don't bother with a haleberd on your prince, drop that. He's either going to be a fighty character that casts spells that will aid him in combat, or one who sits back and blasts them with magic and reaver bow. Anyway otherwise it looks good.
    If your prince is going to be a fighter-mage give him armour of the gods and the radient gem of hoeth, an aditional hand weapon and the silver wand, and get him to take spells from the lore of the beasts, I can't remember the name, but there is one that gives you +3 attacks, +2 strength, and +1 toughness, that way he can have a whopping eight strength seven attacks and another point of toughness, creating an elf with toughness four :blink:
    What doesn't kill you, cripples you for life

Whoever invented the Rubix Cube had a sick and twisted sense of humor

I will not eat oysters, i want my food dead, not sick, not wounded, dead.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry, yes its a 2000pt army.

My tactic is to sit back and shoot up the enemy, hence the reaver bow and radiant gem of hoeth, but eventually he will get into combat (hes placed with the spearmen) and the halberd makes him S5 which helps the spearmen if fighting higher toughness units.

I agree with you about taking lore of beasts, but the problem is that if i don't get that particualr spell i find the remainder of limited use. I normally take lore of heavens, so that i can always take Second sign (D3 re-rolls that turn). It doesn't sound great but cast it at the beginning of the magic phase and the opponent almost never tries to dispel it. That means i can re-roll any miscasts, or that bolt thrower bolt heading towards the giant, etc.

Still - 8 S7 attacks mmmmmmmmmm - will look into that

I'm pretty sure i will be replacing the shadow warriors with 2 Great Eagles. What do u think?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You cant reroll a mistcast nor gain irresistable force from a reroll from SSoA.

And why do you chose lore of heavens? why not lore of life? I assume you use the trial rules, but if not, then heavens is actually better than life...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What do you mean by "trial rules"?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The revised Magic Lores of Heavens, Life, and Beasts that was in the 2004 Chronicles, of course. Where Lore of Heavens got downgraded from the Über-Lore it was, and Life took on the new role as the Kill-Them-All lore.

The rules are trial rules, but are used in most, if not all, torunaments, and they are ALOT more balanced than the Rulebook Lores. You should find these on the GW site under Chronicles or Annual (whichever name the GW site uses... should be under the army names on the FB part of the GW site) .

Closed Thread