High Elves 1950 Pts - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mage
    lvl1, Channeler, 2xDispel Scrolls
    145 pts

Hero
    Shield, HArmour, Lion Guard Honour
    121 pts

Hero
    BSB, Armour of the Gods, Sword of Might
    145 pts

20 Spearmen
    Command
    250 pts

20 Spearmen
    Command, Lion Standard
    275 pts

12 Swordmasters
    Champion, Amulet of the Purifying Flame
    183 pts

10 Archers
    120 pts

10 Archers
    120 pts

Chariot
    85 pts

Chariot
    85 pts

2 RBT
    200 pts

6 Shadow Warriors
    90 pts

5 Silver Helms
    Champion
    129 pts

1948 pts total
    3 Power Dice
    3 Dispel Dice
    2 Scrolls
    90 Models

Commander with Lion Guard joins the unit with the Lion Standard, while the BSB joins the other unit.

Using the two blocks of spearmen as a core, with chariots and swordmasters placed in the flanking positions, with swordmasters between the units, chariots to the sides (for protecting the Swordmasters from shooting) . One flank is held by Archers and RBT (shooting away anything approaching that flank), and the other flank is held by the Silver Helms, with Shadow Warriors to disrupt and be annoying.

Thoughts?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why put Lion Guard hero with Lion Standard unit? They pretty much do the same job. i suggest swapping the heroes around.

Also, for a HE army there is very little magic. Maybe remove bsb and replace with lvl 2 mage. I find that bsb rarely earn their points in a HE army, and i only use them if i want to take the Battle Banner.

Other than that I like the army and tactic

Keeper of Records and Ale King Ulrik Flamebeard's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1372 (x8)

Erm, how do you figure that? The character will make them stuborn while the banner will make them immune to fear/terror. Definatly not the same thing.

Also HEs don't always have to be magic heavy, the BSB is there because it's an infantry heavy list. In a cav list (slai fav ) they're not as good unless with the BB, in a infantry list it will basically do better as it'll mean alot more in the combats etc.

The list looks good Slai, nice strong centre. The spearmen should be quite tough to move and the threat of the Swordmasters will make people wary of flanking or that their flanks may be exposed. I like the idea for the flanks, the RBT and archers should make sure very few people willing to face the gauntlet ^_^

All in all a good list.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry, I meant that both are basically there to stop the unit running. if the unit is stubborn it is unlikely to fail ld tests with unmod ld 9 (especially with the nearby bsb), so the only main advantage is against fear causing enemies that outnumber it.

My point was that if you split these two items across the two spear units you would get 2 units unlikely to run rather than just the one.

I have only been playing with the new magic system for a couple of months, but almost all 2000pt armies i have faced have had at least 2 lvl 2 wizards meaning that those Dispel Scrolls get used up pretty quick if you only have 3 Dispel Dice.
    But as I have little experience with the new magic system i may be overestimating its importance.

I have posted my army list under the title "HE Army List" which will show you that i'm not an expert - i just like a good discussion.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I tested a cav heavy list yesterday. Here it is:

Commander
    BSB, Battle Banner, HArmour, Barded Elven Steed
    196 pts

Commander
    HArmour, Enchanted Shield, Blade of Sea Gold, Barded Elven Steed, Pure of Heart Honour
    145 pts

Mage
    Channeler Honour, 2xDispel Scrolls
    145 pts

5 Silver Helms
    Champion
    129 pts

5 Silver Helms
    Champion
    129 pts

6 Silver Helms
    Champion
    152 pts

6 Silver Helms
    Champion
    152 pts

6 Silver Helms
    Champion
    152 pts

6 Dragon Princes
    Full Command, Banner of Ellyrion
    216 pts

Chariot
    85 pts

Chariot
    85 pts

5 Reavers
    Bows, Spears, Musician
    127 pts

5 Reavers
    Bows, Spears, Musician
    127 pts

Great Eagle
    50 pts

Great Eagle
    50 pts

Total Cost: 1940 pts
    3 PD
    3 DD
    51 models

I think I have 1 too many knight units, though Im not really sure I should take it out, as its quite handy as a little "second wave" kind of unit, in case anything comes back behind me somehow, I can use it to scare stuff away (at least alittle bit) .

Any thoughts on this list contra the other list?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My concern with this would be against undead armies, as they wouldn't break, when u charge.
    But then i'm notoriously bad against undead armies, so i may be just a little over concerned!

For a tourney army i much prefer the first, because it looks more durable and flexible, but i would love to play a couple of games with the cav army for the look on my opponents face!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The second list really doesnt have THAT much trouble with undead (theoretically speaking). The BSB combined with flanks/rear charges, plus my 2+ armour saves and the fact that i strike before his units (he has no Init) will make sure alot of his undead models die from CR and very fast, at that =) . Just theory, though...

Closed Thread