Best Magic Wielding Race In The Game? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Personally as all round magic users the races who have access to their own lores are the best. these incude various chaos lores, skaven magic (v destructive), dark elf magic, and high magic (high elves). Which race has the best magical abilities and can use arcane power yo annihalate its enemies. Also as another query who do u reckon is better - high elves or lizardmen

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

WHAT the F
    You didn't mention orc and goblins! Their two lores are awesome, and they get additional powerdices from units nearby in combat. Sure, the miscasts aren't that great, but their magics can do some good amount of damage/help out your units in combat.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well i dunno about orcs and gobbos cos i have never played either with or against them. But moving on, who dod you think has the most potential to win a game by magic - and which race is better at magic hih elves or lizardmen

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Id say High Elves. They have the Rings of Corin and Fury, plus the Seer Honour (making them able to think through what they want to do) . Channeler as well, makes them VERY potent, combined with Banner of Sourcery, Annulian Crystal, cheap dispel scrolls, Jewel of the Dusk, Staff of Solidity, Starwood Staff, and the Book of Hoeth, and you have some nasty ass magic shaite going on =) .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Also, skink shamans are limited to the lore of heavens.
    Though a second generation slann with extra tidbits is nasty, an high elf archmage is both cheaper and (arguably) more effective. Teclis is IMO the best mage in the game, especially using the lore of death.
    I am unable to make up an opinion on the best lore in the game, but the little waagh, slaanesh, and the magic of the horned rat are my favourites.
    Also I'll add that the most underestimated lore of magic is the lore of metal, it's amazing, and yet no-one uses it.
    I kill two dwarves in the morning, I kill two dwarves at night. I kill two dwarves in the afternoon, and then I feel allright. I kill two dwarves in time of peace, and two in time of war. I kill two dwarves before I kill two dwarves, and then I kill two more.

Goblin kroozade of revengyness: win:19 draw:10 loss:9

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think its either High Elves or Undead however i think my favorite lores of magic are the Albion ones.
    “Someone I know calls a Sphinx a Sphincter I really don’t have the heart to correct them?
    “So you want to be made feel like a small boy and dominated do you? How about you dress up as Micky Mouse and I‘ll hit you with a baseball bat until you pass out or die??

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    451 (x8)

would the rune magic count?

spambot kill tally: 79

[16:19] <@Alzer> Arky's right though
    [16:20] <@Kaiser-> I know he is.
    [16:20] <@Kaiser-> He usually is.
    [16:20] <@Kaiser-> Sometimes it's intentional.
    ----
    [00:01] <+zubus> i love you, ya skirt wearin nothern monkey! ^_^

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well, i suppose it all depends on playing style and what you want your magic to acheive. Below i will do a brief summary of some of the pros and cons of some magic lores (i will write up more at a later date)

High magic - This lore at first seems just ok due to there only being two offensive spells, one of which is 2d6 s4 hits and can be found in many other lores. the other, flames of the phoenix is good but hard to cast and its real effects dont start to show until u manage to keep it in play for a few turns (It does a s3 hit on every model in an enemy unit - s4 the next turn and so on) Howver the real value of this lore lies in the more subtrle spells. Curse of arrow attraction seems mediocre but can be a real battle winner if used well. easy to cast on 6+ it allows all missile fire in your turn to be rerolled when aimed at once specific enemy unit. my opponent plays bretonnian - it really *****es him of when 4 (yes 4) repeater bolt throwers along with about 20 archers shoot at one unit of 15 knights (each knight worth a juicy 32 pts and who doesnt get his 2+ armor save as bolt throwers ignore armor saves) High elf mages are quite potent with seer honor and cheaper magical items as you can work otstrategies to beat your opponent. also drain magic is an amazing defensive spell (if playing a 2d gneration slann for example)

lore of heavans - had to put thi in. use against bretonnians. cast second sign of amul allowing you d3 re rolls of dice that turn anf then cast uranons thunderbolt which causes d6 s 4 hits and ignore armor saves (painful for knights)

skaven magic - very destructive. a good choice of deadly offensive, straightforward spells, and spells like death frenzy which can really boost the fighting prowess of you unit

it would be great if everyone could write up a bit about their favoured magic items or lores. cheers

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Another good combination with high magic is to take the book of hoeth with an archmage and one or two level two mages, and just cast vaul&#39;s unmaking, the curse of arrow attraction and flames of the pheonix and then repeat. This works wonders against enemy lords and heros. Suddenly their magical armour isn&#39;t quite so magical. suddenly tons of arrows are coming their way, suddenly they have just been hit by 2D6 S4 attacks and then its almost guarenteed he&#39;ll be dead in one turn, then you repeat the proccess on the next person, and so on. Alternatively, just cast flames of the pheonix with irresistable force on his lagest block of infantry.

I have been looking through the lores to find enhancement spells for my high elf leader with the radiant germ of hoeth(cast spells in armour), armour of the gods (+1 strength 3+ armour save) and silver wand(1 more spell)
    so far i have come up with these:

walk between worlds, user becomes ethereal, can only be harmed by magic wapons, I usually drop the armour of the gods to take the talisman of saphery which turns magic weapons into regular weapons so he cannot be hurt

The bear&#39;s anger, +3 attacks, +2 strength, +1 toughness, a nice combo

soul stealer, takes a wound off of the model you cast it on (kills one wound models) and uses the wound for himself, the idea is he stockpiles many wounds

Flaming word of rhuin, +1 attack, all hits hit on 2+, +3 strength

What are your magic combo&#39;s?
    What doesn't kill you, cripples you for life

Whoever invented the Rubix Cube had a sick and twisted sense of humor

I will not eat oysters, i want my food dead, not sick, not wounded, dead.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Surely it has got to be Vampire Counts? No other Lore is as well suited to supporting an army as the Lore of Necromancy. You can do just about anything with the Lore of Necromancy, I&#39;d swear by it as the most powerful Lore in the game any day of the week.

Cheers,
    DLJ

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast