The most Newb Unfriendly army? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The most Newb Unfriendly army?

Which do you think is the most Newb Unfriendly army?
    I would say Wood Elf they look like they take alotta manouvering too use effectivly.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    458 (x8)

Probably OKs, WEs or Undead.

WEs are small, fragile, and expensive units that disintegrate after a little shooting/magic.

OKs are a very interesting army. They have 200-300pt units as a backbone, and can be very tricky to use. One good Shoot/Magic Phase can spell a lot of trouble for an OK army.

Undead rely on magic to win, and are slow.

-AFG//

King of Librarium's Tombs Phoenix's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    579 (x8)

Tomb Kings or Ogres probably. Wood elves have a deceptive appearance, look fragile but they are pretty far from it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TK and WoodElves, even though they are tough they require advanced knowladge of the game and stratagy to use.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My Spotify

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    84 (x2)

I started playing with a WE as my first 'proper' army (collected DE when I was eleven but didn't even get to 500 point army standard)

They are a challenge, they are trying at times. But I never found them... unfriendly. Even if my ass got handed to me more often than not when played at the shop when I first started playing. But then again I didn't know the rules then )

They're a challenge to balance more often than not but quite satisfying.

Tomb Kings, I've never really played against and not attempted. I have only ever seen one army that has ever made me consider them to be worthwhile collecting. It was absolutely gorgeous using hawk turqoise as the accented colour, beautiful, and such a delightful contrast the normal drab look most players aim for.

VC don't seem too hard to play, unless your general is on the front line and just been eaten by a dragon, then you're cooked. So can imagine starting with them isn't amicable.

Ogres look so good in comparison, but I guess their unit sizes and special rules can be a drawback for new players.

Other armies are quite new player friendly, though horde armies like Skaven can be heartbreaking when you see how much you need to paint just to get them on the table to play with. I do not envy my boyfriend (who now has 4k points) or one of my best friends who has just started, I truly don't.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i started playing WHFB about 5 years ago with my TK's and they were fairly hard to get working but when you get the general idea after a couple matches they tend to fit into place.

my opinion would have to be DOW because there are a lot of special rules for the troops. your base character points would have to be 1 paymaster, 1 mercenary general. then your core units all have special rules with the pikeman a single flank attack will bring them to their knees. you have to have a bit of experience to make the units work in unison.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    255 (x6)

I would have to say Ogres. With their super low leadership and few models with poor weapon skill and no armor they really are sub-par and need a great general to make the most of them. Even in combat, which is supposed to be the Ogres strong point they often lose to static res, or armored troops if they are on their own. Add to that all the planning that has to be made in the movement phase (which is the hardest phase to get a good grip on for a starting player) so you don't get in the way of your own units, because ogres are best when played with lots of small units.

On the other side I would say Lizardmen are the most "newb friendly" army. They have a well balanced list that has just about every unit type and participates in every phase of the game; a great way to get introduced to all the rules.

quik-quik, kill-kill! The bearded one's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    585 (x8)

The most newb unfriendly.... hmm..
    I think WE, I haven't seen or played against a Tomb kings or an Ogre kingdoms army yet, so I can't say anything about them. But woodelfs are quite difficult to manouvre well and get the right charges because you don't have any blocks so you'll depend on those side charges and rear charges. Their units are also expensive and small and have hardly any amour.

The most newb-friendly army I would say is most likely Vampire counts.
    Lots of relatively cheap units, some very hardhitting stuff ( varghulf, black knights and blood knights ) and characters that can be tooled up to do whatever you want. All of their units are fearcausing and best of all... they never break!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ogre Kingdoms. They're a VERY difficult army to win with, especially against the new armies that are coming out.

+ Reply to Thread