"themed" Tournament Dwarf Army List (2k) - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is my first attempt to create a "themed" tournament army list. Well, it's actually just what I think a traditionell dwarf army looks like, which means no gunpowder weapons, no Gyrocopters and no Rangers.

Lords
    Dwarf Lord , Gromril Armor, Master Rune of Spite, Great Weapon (19

Heroes
    Runesmith, Gromril Armor, Great Weapon (82)

Core Units
    19 Dwarf Warriors with Heavy Armor, Shield and Full Command (196)
    10 Crossbowmen with Shields (130)
    10 Crossbowmen with Shields (130)
    20 Miners with Full Command (270)

Special Units
    19 Ironbreakers with Full Command (277)
    Bolt Thrower with Rune of Penetration (70)
    Stone Thrower with Rune of Burning (90)

TOTAL: 1999 Points, 2 Power Dice, 7 Dispel Dice, 120 Dwarfs, 2 War Machines

The Lord is accompanied by the Ironbreakers and the Runesmithes are each guarded by a unit of Dwarf Warriors.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Keeper of Records and Ale King Ulrik Flamebeard's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1372 (x8)

Ok first off what's with the RSmiths? Why three and NO runes? Drop one (or two) add a couple RoSpellbreaking and then use the spare pts for a thane. Basically you're missing any combat punch, only your lord can deal with anything. The RoSpellbreaking are basically dispel scrolls and I'd advocate that all armies need at least two in 2k games.

Also I'd make one unit of warriors to have GWs, HA and shields, a unit of these are flexiable enough to be able to do what you need them too. What are your plans for the Miners? If you plan them to be war machine hunters then drop them to a max of 12 with no command, if they flee then you've just given your opponent 100VP for the banner.

The Ironbreakers are good, but I've always liked Longbeards (also you usually get a good comp score for taking them). The BT and ST are ok, but the ST should ideally have RoAccuracy on it (and if you can afford it a RoPenetrating).

I hope this helps

Thanks, KU

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by King Ulrik Flamebeard@Jun 9 2004, 03:50
    Ok first off what's with the RSmiths? Why three and NO runes? Drop one (or two) add a couple RoSpellbreaking and then use the spare pts for a thane. Basically you're missing any combat punch, only your lord can deal with anything. The RoSpellbreaking are basically dispel scrolls and I'd advocate that all armies need at least two in 2k games.

Also I'd make one unit of warriors to have GWs, HA and shields, a unit of these are flexiable enough to be able to do what you need them too. What are your plans for the Miners? If you plan them to be war machine hunters then drop them to a max of 12 with no command, if they flee then you've just given your opponent 100VP for the banner.

The Ironbreakers are good, but I've always liked Longbeards (also you usually get a good comp score for taking them). The BT and ST are ok, but the ST should ideally have RoAccuracy on it (and if you can afford it a RoPenetrating).

I hope this helps

Thanks, KU
    > Ok first off what's with the RSmiths?

Dispel dice! With 7 dispel dice I think that I can keep even a lord-level spellcaster at bay.

> Drop one (or two) add a couple RoSpellbreaking and then use the spare pts for a thane.

So you'd trade three Runesmiths for one Runesmith and one Thane?

> What are your plans for the Miners? (...) war machine hunters ?

Primarily, but if my enemy has no war machines they will be part of my main battle line. That's why I think that a unit of 12 with no command is too small.

> Also I'd make one unit of warriors to have GWs, HA and shields

Maybe I should drop one unit of crossbows to purchase the additional equipment?

> Longbeards (also you usually get a good comp score for taking them).

Oops, why that?! :blink:

Keeper of Records and Ale King Ulrik Flamebeard's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1372 (x8)

Ok yes you do get 7 DD but from one RSmith and the MRoBalance you can get 6 and deprive your opponent from a PD. And is still cheaper than three Rsmiths. I would drop two RSmiths yes, then I could use the pts for a thane and/or most pts to the units. But I said drop one, then get a RSmith (the dropping of a second one is optional).

In a 2k game I don't think you'll be needing more than one or two RSmiths, and the thane adds some combat punch. Also adding RoSpellbreakings will mean there's little chance of you not dispelling (as with rolling), and that's much better than risking dispelling those all powerful spells getting through because you rolled badly.

The miners can be setup normally but having the chance of a fully ranked up unit coming on any table edge is normally enough to put the fear into your opponent and make them make a mistake or so. Also they are better in a smaller elite group, this makes best use of them and they're still good for taking out ranks etc. But I suppose it's your choice.

I'd say you wouldn't need to drop the X-Bows to pay for the upgrade you need what 40pts? I think you could find that from somewhere else.

And the Longbeards are given a big comp score because no-one takes them, they always loose out to units of Hammerers, Ironbreakers or war machines. Taking them will boost your comp score and they rock quite hard (especially with the RoSlowness).

Thanks, KU

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree with King Ulrik totaly.

your army seems rather boring, mabe swap some of the warrior's weapons for other weapons(I dont know the dex).
    "Democracy is two wolves and a sheep voting on what's for dinner"
    -Ben Franklin

-Guns don't kill people, bullets do.-

-Support your local game store! Don't buy online or from GW stores.-

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by Cypher19@Jun 9 2004, 15:26
    I agree with King Ulrik totaly.

your army seems rather boring, mabe swap some of the warrior's weapons for other weapons(I dont know the dex).
    Ok, I thought about your advices and made over my list. So here's my second attempt:

Lord
    Dwarf Lord, Gromril Armor, Rune of Stone, Master Rune of Spite, Great Weapon (203)

Heroes
    Runesmith, Gromril Armor, Shield, Master Rune of Ballance, Spellbreaking Rune (155)
    Thane, Gromril Armor, Rune of Stone, Shield, Great Weapon (74)
    Thane, Gromril Armor, Rune of Stone, Shield, Great Weapon (74)

Core Units
    15 Dwarf Warriors, Heavy Armor, Shield, Full Command (160)
    19 Dwarf Warriors, Heavy Armor, Shield, Great Weapon, Full Command (234)
    19 Dwarf Warriors, Heavy Armor, Shield, Great Weapon, Full Command (234)
    12 Crossbowmen, Shield (130)
    12 Crossbowmen, Shield (130)
    12 Miners

Special Units
    19 Longbeards, Full Command (296)
    Bolt Thrower, Rune of Penetration, Rune of Burning (75)
    Stone Thrower, Rune of Burning (90)

Total: 1999 Points, 2 Power Dice, 6 Dispel Dice, 108 Dwarfs, 2 War Machines

The Dwarf Lord joins the Longbeards, the Runesmith joins the smaller and each of the Thanes joins one of the larger units of Dwarf Warriors.
    Better?! :huh:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ahhh...looks much much better. But I might suggest dropping a Thane in order to give more runes to the Lord. What's the point of having a Texas Massacre without a Chainsaw? Just not complete now is it?

W/D/L

Dwarfs 1/0/0 (Reset due to new rules)

Space Marines 0/0/0 (still under construction)

Closed Thread