Dark Elves 2150 - All Calvary - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    A very violent persona Apotheosis's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lord

Druchii Highborn w/Heavy Armour, Sea Dragon Cloak, Draich of Dark Power, Heartstone of Darkness, mounted on a Cold One
    274 points

Core

Dark Riders x4 w/Musican and Repeater Crossbows
    Herald w/Repeater Crossbow
    140 points

140 points

140 points

140 points

Elites

Cold One Knights x9 w/Standard Bearer w/Banner of Murder
    Dread Knight
    *Highborn is included in this unit*
    342 points

Cold One Knights x9 w/Standard Bearer w/War Banner and Musican
    Dread Knight
    360 points

Cold One Chariots w/Spears x4
    388 Points

Rare

Reaper Bolt Throwers x2
    200 points

Total: 2124 Points

Please Review this. I also have some questions regarding to which rare choices I should take, either 2 Reapers (like I have now) or a War Hydra.

I am not planning on using Magic, but I'd like to know how much I am weakening myself by not using a Sorceress.

Thanks

"And whoever wants to be a creator in good and evil, must first be an annihilator and break values. Thus the highest evil belongs to the greatest goodness: but this is--being creative."

~ Friedrich Nietzsche ~

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't know about you, but 2 reapers in an all cav army isnt very fluffy. Drop those and get either a hydra, or try to maybe squish in a beastmaster on a manticore. Works good with all cav.
    To achieve this, maybe drop that draich on the highborn. Bit expensive, could get a GW instead man.
    Looks rather vulnerable to magic too, a lvl1 wizard with dispel scroll is needed..

Looks rather ok for a firsttime list though

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    103 (x8)

Take a lvl 1 sorceress, give her a horse and two dispel scrolls. Even if you don't want magic, you could get destroyed by a magic army of 2150 points. Toss her in one of the Dark Rider units, maybe.

I didn't like this list at first glance, but when I realised you have two units of CoK and FOUR chariots, that swayed me. Remember that DR are nearly useless in combat, chariots will fall to artillery/monsters, and CoK can't really take a flank/rear charge. That said, this army could perform spectacularly if played right and you prevent your opponent from charging you!

Texas, Home of Steers and.... oh wait, I'm not a steer....
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I say you're paying out the ass for a rank bonus with the CoKs. Is a potential +1 CR really worth 150-200 points? No.

With the points you could save from dropping them down to 5-6 (maybe 7 if you really want to allow for casualties), you can get a noble with the seal of Ghond on a dark pegasus for a mage hunter and +1 dispel dice. Magic defense isn't always about dispel dice and scrolls. Killing the mage does the job just as well.

I also vote for dropping the 2 reapers. However, I think Scouts (ie, Shades) might be acceptable, as this is a highly mobile army, and Skirmishers are always nice in there. Plus, good warmachine hunters.
    Bow down! Or I will unleash my zoinky army of surly crack babies! End this deception! I know you're hiding Martians in your head! Gimme them Martians! I am going to put butter on them! Martians! Grrr! Cease your barky noise making! Join my legions of darkness! My frowny face empire! I annoint thee! I do not copulate with Twinkies! Yaargh!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Vell. . . . everyone (and I mean EVERYONE) has been telling me to keep 2 ranks of CoKs. . . . . so I did that.

If I recieve a charge, I'm screwed.

However, I currently have 15 Cold One Knights, if just 1 Rank will do fine, then cool with me.

I know they'll hit corners, but from the point of you Fantasy Vets, is sacrificing a Rank for points really worth it?????
    "And whoever wants to be a creator in good and evil, must first be an annihilator and break values. Thus the highest evil belongs to the greatest goodness: but this is--being creative."

~ Friedrich Nietzsche ~

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Warhammer is always about making your units make their points back. Since CoKs shouldn't be taking a charge in the 1st place, you're counting on the 6-8 S5 attacks and the 5-7 S4 attacks tp clear out their front rank, you shouldn't need the extra rank. Plus, if your smart and flank w/ DR, you've made up the rank bonus and more. That way, it gives you more points free to give defense in some other areas, like magic defense.

But, it's just my opinion and experience. 2 ranks of cav is useless 90% of the time, especially with cav as expensive as CoKs.
    Bow down! Or I will unleash my zoinky army of surly crack babies! End this deception! I know you're hiding Martians in your head! Gimme them Martians! I am going to put butter on them! Martians! Grrr! Cease your barky noise making! Join my legions of darkness! My frowny face empire! I annoint thee! I do not copulate with Twinkies! Yaargh!

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For the mage hunter noble on a pegasus that noodle suggested, putting lifetaker on him isn't a bad choice. Then you can fly up nextto the mage, will probably hit him with both bolts, then you have 2 rerollable to-wound.

And i forgot one thing about this army: Harpies! Get atleast 7 of these darlings.

As noodle said, get rid of the 2nd rank from the CoKs. It's too much CoK, they just take up points. Perhaps get another CoK unit for the points you release.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So, here's the new list of Calvary Doom.

Lord

Druchii Highborn w/Heavy Armour, Sea Dragon Cloak, Draich of Dark Power, Heartstone of Darkness, mounted on Cold One
    274 points

Heros

Noble w/Heavy Armour, Sea Dragon Cloak, Great Weapon, mounted on Cold One
    110 points

Sorceress (lvl 1) w/2 Scrolls of Dispelling
    140 points

Core

141 points

141 points

141 points

Elites

Cold One Knights x8 w/Standard Bearer
    Dread Knight x1
    *Highborn w/this unit*

Cold One Knights x8 w/Standard Bearer
    Dread Knight x1
    *Noble w/this unit*

Cold One Chariots w/Spears x4
    388 Points

Rare

War Hydra
    220 Points

Total: 2149 Points

~ Friedrich Nietzsche ~

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

OK, you still have too many CoKs in a unit. You're not possibly going to get all 8 in combat, in which case you're wasting points. And we've already discussed the disadvantages of taking 2 ranks. Drop them to 5 with characters (6 to allow for casualties) and add another unit of Dark Riders, another COC or two, or a hero for the dark riders (Read: Lifetaker.)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by Happy Noodle Boy@Aug 17 2004, 06:21
    OK, you still have too many CoKs in a unit. You're not possibly going to get all 8 in combat, in which case you're wasting points. And we've already discussed the disadvantages of taking 2 ranks. Drop them to 5 with characters (6 to allow for casualties) and add another unit of Dark Riders, another COC or two, or a hero for the dark riders (Read: Lifetaker.)
    [snapback]198693[/snapback]

The reason for taking 10-12 CoK in a unit is to account for autobreak when you charge a unit. If you have a Noble and a BSB in your CoK regiment (and the D6" extra charge lengths banner, plus the +1 attack banner), and your have 20+ US, you are going to break most things you charge. Expensive and very "egg-in-basket" but if played right, it does work.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast