Most loved fantasy army? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    120 (x4)

Most loved fantasy army?

Probably been covered before, but shouldn't matter since books and opinions change all the time.

What do you think is the most loved fantasy army? I would like to believe it is either Empire for its simplicity or orcs and goblins for character/fun.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Possibly High Elves of Vamps, lots of people play them and its uncommon to hear bad things about them

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    470 (x8)

I'm not really sure on this. I mean, as thegreat1 has pointed out, a lot of people play Vampire Counts. A lot also play Daemons. And Dark Elves.

Perhaps this is because people like them, but the cynic in me says it could be something to do with them being new books and the lists winning a lot.

I would be tempted to say Dwarfs. I personally don't like them, but a lot of people seem to feel that it wouldn't be fantasy without the Dwarves. And the fluff behind them is quite often more light-hearted and fun.

High Elves may also be in the running, as could Orcs and Goblins for the sheer comedy factor they bring to the Warhammer World...
    Rabbit; Our Tau community has the talent of figuring out how to turn a feather into a timebomb. Macgyver would be jealous.
    8people; Honey, why is my fluffwars story your shopping list?

Benevolent Dictator CaptainSarathai's Avatar
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1480 (x8)

I beleive that thanks to multiple-army-ownership and the tournament scene and the new book-creep, it's going to be Vampire Counts who are the most played. They were the first super-powerful book, before Dark Elves and Daemons, so a lot of tournament players started armies of VC and then wished they'd have gotten DE or Daemons. Since it's not uncommon as a secondary army for sure, and a primary army, I think that VC are probably the "crowd favorite".

As for over-all favorite armies. I'd have to say Orks. They're a fun army, and even fairly simple (a very much "hands off" approach to tactics). They have a lot of character. Sure, some players might point to other armies because they like one aspect or another, but if you made a collection of top 5 armies that people LIKE rather than just play, I think you'd find that Orcs would come out on top. Maybe not because they're always #1, but because they're the most universally loved.

Shoulda made this a poll man...
    Pts Values for AoS here!

Nippon Armybook: Isuu, Scribd, and free at Google Docs

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm a dwarf player almost naturally will say dwarves but there is just something about the Wood elves that I like. They have some of the coolest minitures in the game, so i have to say the Wood elves.

Hex
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    80 (x2)

Reality check everyone.

It's definitely dwarves. Have you ever heard of "Team Dwarf"? Once a dwarf player, always a dwarf player and the most dedicated members of Warhammer I've met have all been Dwarves! When the new Dwarf book was brought out some time ago the amount of "Dwarves" who crept out of their holes to talk about the new releases was amazing. Let's face it, Dwarves really sum up the hobby and you can't say it's any other army just because you play it.

Hex

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    131 (x4)

I don't think the OP is asking which army is most popular... but what army is most loved. I'd probably throw my vote in with Greenskins and Dwarves. Maybe I'd vote for one of the elf armies, but everybody knows that all elves (except witch elves) are a bunch of sniveling fairy cowards.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In my play group, there's a little joke. No matter who you play or what happens in the game, anybody who plays Orcs and Goblins win from the start. Since the main goal of the game is to have fun, with all the wackiness that can happen from playing them it's hard not to enjoy yourself.

Kej
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"Most Loved" is too broad a term to get simple answers.

A Tournament player loves his hard ass lists that destroy everything on the table top.

A player that likes to play in a story will love a completely different army.

Then a person who loves to model might like a different one.

It all depends on the person. If I were to pick my favorite armies I would say:

High Elves for the tournaments
    Tomb Kings/Ogres/Orcs & Gobs/Skaven for the story

I don't have an army i model a lot of custom stuff for in fantasy. That is reserved for my 40k Orks.

Hex
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    80 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by Kej View Post
    High Elves for the tournaments
    Haven't you noticed that Daemons tend to destroy everything out there in tournaments at the moment? Or even Vampire Counts or Dark Elves? Granted, HE are strong, but no as overpowered as some lists.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast