Opinions, and veteran tactics! - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Opinions, and veteran tactics!

Hey all,
    Thinking about a new army lately but cant decide...so figured I'd take it to the forums to see what everyone's thoughts are these days.

So far I've narrowed it down to five contending armies:

Dwarves
    Bretonnia
    Vampire Counts
    Lizardmen
    Beasts of Chaos

Currently I have massive armies of the High Elves and the Empire, if that helps in suggestions at all, though I will say I'm looking for something new.

Any opinions are welcomed and appreciated (as long as they're of helpful intent).

Thanks in advance,

-Dman

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    320 (x8)

hi there!
    what kind of info/opinions are you looking for?
    the feel of every army you just mentioned? How succesfull they are in tourneys?
    any fluff ideas ?

- dwarves are quite the difference to high elves, they lack feet and all.

Only way i see them put to good use is in a gunline, but its a hell of a gunline.
    If you like painting beards, this is the place to go!

- Bretts are just like the dwarfs a bit of a one trick hat. You can deploy alot of small cavalry units, then charge the evil ones. Its hard to make other kinds of armies and have succes, but it can look really sexy when theres all those ironclad knights with groovy banners about.

- Vampire counts have alot of advantages. theyre undead, so immune to psy, everything causes fear, not only does it make them dangerous, it makes them very easy to play. They have some very powerfull units, like blood knight cavalry and varghulf
    and their vampires can be very potent necromancers, the dead will rise faster then they are chopped down.

- Obviously Lizardmen sux

- Beastmen, lots of fur. i hear theres a good chance theyll be getting new models in the near future. Will be a good thing, because some of the models are quite old now, and just dont look that good (have a look at the minotaurs)
    Not a succesfull army in the tourneys, but very good to practice conversionskills on.
    And who wouldn't want a Doombull as a general!!
    Eternal Newbie

Warchief Diggah o da Bloodmoon Squiggahs

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ah yes, I should have been a bit more specific with my question, all the areas you metioned are spot on,(Fluff, army style, tournament play, and general stuff about them). Sorry haha, thanks for the reply, rep granted, just wondering why you think lizardmen suck?

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    320 (x8)

because i havent been able to win a single battle against those skinky little beggars yet!

Lizards are very diverse;
    they can have top notch magic
    their giant stegadons are a danger to any army, they have alot of fire, masses of skirmishskinks firing 2 shots of poisoned darts each,
    salamanders shooting templates, a single kill causing panic amongst my goblin ranks, and their core choice friggin saurusses have 2 attacks and high armour!
    Whatthehell how did the ancient ones ever manage to lose the fight from the deamons??

if you dont like painting dinosaurs, id suggest another army
    Eternal Newbie

Warchief Diggah o da Bloodmoon Squiggahs

+ Reply to Thread