2000 Pts Magic Lizards - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the list:

Slann 2nd gen, plaque of tepok, 3x lore of fire, 2x lore of heavens

20 temple guard full command (no revered one)

2x level 2 priests, 1 has cube of darkness

2x 12 skinks, scout, blowpipes

1x 12 skinks, javelin & shield

1x 4 kroxigors

2x 16 saurus, hand weapons, standard and champion

casting pool 10 (+ of course the slanns wicked power)
    dispel pool 6
    models in army: 95 (I was rather surprised by the large number)

Normally the plan would be to eliminate mages and/or shooters at the other side with the scouts, and deplete their numbers with magic. So the first (maybe also second) turn, there wouldn't be very much movement at my side. Basicly the skinks have got to do a good job with blocking marches to slow them down and maybe take down a mage if possible. Blocking marches and casting comet of cassandra would also be quite nice

I still feel like it's missing something...

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Give plaque of divine protection to ur slann. Since hes most ur points u should do more job protecting him. that would take care of repeater bolts or any thing stray like cannons or stone throwers. Also i t hink its missing a rare choice. Its kinda optional but i would definetely take a stegadon or a salamander. But if u did that then ur army would be way to small.

otherwise i guess its okay...

hope that helps w00ty

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by w00ty+Aug 25 2004, 18:19--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(w00ty &#064; Aug 25 2004, 18:19)</div><div class='quotemain'>Give plaque of divine protection to ur slann.
    [snapback]203320[/snapback]
    [/b]

Yeah, I just saw it too... It&#39;s kinda weird, normally I always boost the slanns defends a little. 2 options: I forgot to write it down here or I simply forgot to mak it part of the army. Anyway, that has to change&#33;

<!--QuoteBegin-w00ty
    @Aug 25 2004, 18:19
    Its kinda optional but i would definetely take a stegadon or a salamander. But if u did that then ur army would be way to small.
    [snapback]203320[/snapback]
    [/quote]

I&#39;ve been thinking about it, but the list will be used against Undead VC. So the fear and the terror won&#39;t do much good. I know you&#39;re not supposed to build anti-race armies, but I&#39;ve made a "battle appointmen" with one of my friends, and he only uses Undead, just like I only use Lizards. So we know from each other what we have and I am pretty sure he will also keep this in mind while building his army (why wouldn&#39;t he )

That&#39;s also the reason I have had some doubts about those skinks. They don&#39;t cost much, but most of their power lies in poison attacks, another useless thing against VC. Still, they have a pretty tactical role also, so I took them anyway.

Since I apparantly didn&#39;t boost the slann&#39;s armour/ward save, I will need to cut points here and there (it is a list of exactly 2000 pts)

Where do you think I should cut the stuff a little. Drop the scouting skinks? Reduce the Kroxies to 3? What do you think?

I&#39;ve also made 2 other candidate lists to play against undead, without magic.
    One is based purely on power and speed.
    Oldblood on Carnosaur (12 atack combo on charge); cavalry, including a scar vet in the unit (also boosted pretty nasty with a magical weapons to beat the crap out of ghosts); terradons; skinks; kroxigors and I think also jungl swarms.
    Nothing with movement under 6" (except the jungle swarms, wich is 5")

I&#39;ll post those details tonight (it was rather late yesterday ), I think the list is pretty interesting

Closed Thread