High Elves 2000 Point List - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is my 2000 point high elf army list as it stands at the moment. I can taylor the army list by droping some units and adding some so that i can customize it to face any army. The standard list i use is,

LORDS
    Prince Armour of the gods additional hand wepon Elven steed ithilmar barding Pure of heart =192

HEROS
    Mage level 2 seer dispel scroll =180

Mage level 2 =130

CORE
    16 Spearmen full command =206

10 Archers =120

8 Silver helms heavy armour shield full command = 219

SPECIAL
    5 Dragon princes full command banner of sorcery = 225

15 Swordmasters full command =225

2 Chariots = 170

RARE
    2 Great eagles =100

15 white lions full command =230

Total = 1997

The list i use is based around making sure that i get the charges in. I normally charge a chariot into the same combat as the one of the cavalry unit so that i can break them in the first turn (Cavalry stuck in combat is not a good thing). The three infantry units make a solid center to my army and they protect each others flanks and can support each other. The great eagles deal with any war macines and stop the enemy march moves.

Depending on what army i am playing i will drop the unit of white lions and take 2 repeater bolt throwers (200) and give my second mage the seer honour (30) which all together adds up to 230 points.

Another opption i have is to drop the white lions again and add a bolt thrower (100) 6 shadow warriors (90) and give my mage the seer upgrade again which adds up to 220 points. The scouts allow me to pick of any independent characters and also can be used to hold up enemy advances as they hide in terrain.

Overall this list as proved to be very flexible and gives me lots of opptions in battle

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Prince Armour of the gods additional hand wepon Elven steed ithilmar barding Pure of heart =192
    1. You cant have Armour of the Gods on a mounted character
    2. You cant have 2 hand weapons on a mounted character (I think)

How about just taking a Hero with a Blade of Sea Gold or just a nice normal lance? Cheaper and does pretty much the same = adds CR.

16 Spearmen full command =206
    Why not 20, so they can actually hold their own a little?

8 Silver helms heavy armour shield full command = 219
    Why do you use 8 SH in a unit? 1 casualty, and you are left with no rank bonus, and only 5 attacks on the charge. Drop 2 and make them 6 wide instead. And drop the SBearer, cause he shouldnt make much difference in your charges to make up for the +100VP risk you are taking.

5 Dragon princes full command banner of sorcery = 225
    This works fine, if you are sticking your General in there. Just make sure you dont lose this unit, cause you have ALOT of pts in it. Too much, for my taste.

15 Swordmasters full command =225
    Why do you have that many Swordmasters? They are "expensive" so why waste pts on +1CR for them when you can get +1 CR for the Spearmen at a decreased cost? These guys arent spearmen, so you shouldnt use them as such. Use these as flankers/hitters instead of core block. All of this is of course just my opinion.

And thus, drop the full command, since your core block allready has that (IE it wont make any difference, just adds risk) .

2 Great eagles =100

15 white lions full command =230
    Seriously. Way too many. Take 10, and leave them at that. And drop the musician and the sbearer for the same reasons as you should do the same with Swordmasters.

I would recommend another spearman unit if you can for the pts spared. Two solid spearman cores should hold their own until your flankers (swordmasters/whitelions) can flank the enemy, and your cav can move around flanks as normal, while chariots back up the infantry.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by Slai@Aug 30 2004, 132
    1. You cant have Armour of the Gods on a mounted character
    2. You cant have 2 hand weapons on a mounted character (I think)

How about just taking a Hero with a Blade of Sea Gold or just a nice normal lance? Cheaper and does pretty much the same = adds CR.
    Why not 20, so they can actually hold their own a little?
    Why do you use 8 SH in a unit? 1 casualty, and you are left with no rank bonus, and only 5 attacks on the charge. Drop 2 and make them 6 wide instead. And drop the SBearer, cause he shouldnt make much difference in your charges to make up for the +100VP risk you are taking.
    This works fine, if you are sticking your General in there. Just make sure you dont lose this unit, cause you have ALOT of pts in it. Too much, for my taste.
    Why do you have that many Swordmasters? They are "expensive" so why waste pts on +1CR for them when you can get +1 CR for the Spearmen at a decreased cost? These guys arent spearmen, so you shouldnt use them as such. Use these as flankers/hitters instead of core block. All of this is of course just my opinion.

And thus, drop the full command, since your core block allready has that (IE it wont make any difference, just adds risk) .

2 Great eagles =100
    Seriously. Way too many. Take 10, and leave them at that. And drop the musician and the sbearer for the same reasons as you should do the same with Swordmasters.
    I would recommend another spearman unit if you can for the pts spared. Two solid spearman cores should hold their own until your flankers (swordmasters/whitelions) can flank the enemy, and your cav can move around flanks as normal, while chariots back up the infantry.
    [snapback]204883[/snapback]
    I can understand your idea on the lord (i havent read the rules for armor of the gods for a while because ive been away). Standard bearers add 1 point to combat resolution so it is a bit of a waste not having it. Having blocks of 15 infantry is better than having 10, as it only takes a good volley of shots from an enemy archer unit to force a panic test. Also, if they do reach the enemy unharmed then i will start of with an extra 2 combat resolution for extra ranks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by taiway@Aug 30 2004, 18:47
    I can understand your idea on the lord (i havent read the rules for armor of the gods for a while because ive been away). Standard bearers add 1 point to combat resolution so it is a bit of a waste not having it. Having blocks of 15 infantry is better than having 10, as it only takes a good volley of shots from an enemy archer unit to force a panic test. Also, if they do reach the enemy unharmed then i will start of with an extra 2 combat resolution for extra ranks.
    [snapback]205013[/snapback]
    Infantry should be 20 for spearmen, and 10 for support inf. you just need to protect them well.

And you get ranks from the spearman blocks, thus the support inf doesnt need to.

Closed Thread