Dwarf Army - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: Dwarf Army

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dwarf Army

I am thinking of starting a Dwarf army. If I were to do so what recommendations would you make?

BTW, I am not going to choose a different army, so don't try.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Trollslayers!

Though I don't play dwarves myself, they do like to mince up my trolls and other things.

Cheers!
    check out my blog: DRAGONSLAYERO

HEY!
    I WAS IN THE IMPERIAL (Norwegian) GUARD!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

go heavy on artillery, like base your army around a whole bunch of cannons and stuff, certainly use all your special and rare choices for artillery, dont use stone throwers, they are not really effective, but cannons, organ guns and flame cannons are. (You could take bolt throwers as you can take two for one choice, but the cannons are worth more pointwise IMO)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    242 (x6)

I agree but the bulk of your army should consist of one type:

Warriors!

Being the proud lord of the Dwarfs of Karak-Haz my experience tells me that warriors are the way to go!

Of course artillery is also important and never leave home without your trollslayers and miners, but I say go with warriors to fill out your armies!

Remember that you don't have any cavalry so your rock-hard infantry will save you.
    "We're the Death Korp of Krieg, son. Did you think that was just a pretty name? We never retreat. We fight and we die, that's the Krieg way."
    -Lieutenant Konarski at the Battle of Erebus

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thunderers rule because in addition to being shooty they have the same stats as a regular dwarf warrior, so you can give them armor, handweapons, and shields and have a very good all-purpose unit instead of normal shooty troops (ex...high elf archers) that pretty much get mauled in hth. Its a bit point heavy but IMO a good deal nonetheless as they should easily be able to inflict more than their points cost in damage.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i have a huge(5000 pt.) dwarf army.

dwarf strength is in thier artilery and thier rune items. thier infantry is solid but be prepared to always get charged...always attack last....and in most situations loose your rank bonus due to being surrounded on all sides.

i used to go super heavy on characters..items...and artilery and i won 90% of my games...but my armys were cheesy and boring...i would hit u with mass cannon fire untill u surrounded my 2 blocks of character/runic item heavy elite infantry...then id wear u down with impossibly tough characters..

now i go with lots of infantry...a few characters...mostly with light runic items..and a few short ranged artilery pieces..ive fallen in love with big blocks of crossbowmen(like 30) and close range art. like flame cannons and organ guns...
    games are alot funner...and a lil shorter...and i win way less..like 60% range.
    i get no screams of ...CHEESE...and alot more invitations to come play again.

recomendations:
    1.) flame cannons.....lethal.....no one likes to see these...i dont care what army they play.
    2.) big blocks of infantry....i use my core units on x-bowmen..30 x-bows on a hill...its ugly..(go with at least 1 unit of x-bowmen)
    3.) you cant go wrong with any of the drarf elite units....cept slayers vs. weak toughness armies...gobbos,humans...skaven
    4.) runesmith....sooooooo important...keep him alive(x-bow unit) get him a master rune of balance and laugh your way through enemies magic faze!

everyone plays a lil different...but dwarfs are one of those armies that u play the right way or u loose every game.....theres not much u can do besides shoot till its time to get charged...then hack your way to victory so make the best of it.
    have fun and i hope this helps :}

Closed Thread