Welcome to Librarium Online!
I can't choose between those two armies!
I already have a dwarf army, but I am looking for something with a little more thing to do. Dwarf don't have any magic phase and I think I am missing a lot from this game because of this.
And my GF is bulding her first army, so I was thinking this was the good time to change too!
So librarium wisemen, which army should I go for and why?
Last edited by Hyperion; November 23rd, 2009 at 02:43.
heres my view
Lizards are very effective, and quite powerful at the moment,
- their magic belongs to the most powerfull of all armies. Everyone fears stegadons and big fat toad slann priests
- they have ok shooting, their salamanders cause panic among enemy targets and theres short range darts all over the battleline
- they have good numbers with skirmishing skinks and shooting poisoned darts, and flyer units make them even more maneuverable.
- their saurus infantry is about as expensive as strong dwarf regiments, but in close combat theyre very tough, high armour, high toughness, and when using spears they get massive amounts of attacks toasting almost anything in their path
- The templeguard look great, i hope you like painting frogs an stuff wehehe
Orcs an goblins are good in being cheap and can be fielded in great numbers. (which also means a paintjob for 200 orcsies)
- the goblins have a high comedy value, doomdivers, snotlings, squigs, fanatics and other Suicidal nightgoblins are cheap ways to make the battle nice and chaotic.
Theyre very random, and even with good strategy victory can go both ways.
- they have alot of cheap artillery (cheaper than dwarf guns, but lower leadership and no upgrades) and can have big numbers of weak archery.
- its easy to make an ok magic defence and the orc magic can be quite ok.
- when it comes to the orcs, there are some nice choices like black orcs, boar riders, savage orcs and chariots. Savage orcs are somewhat expensive ($) or hard to find.
- Giants and wyverns make tough guys, not the toughest in the game, but theyre good support to the horde
i believe the saurus fellas are supposed to be neutral/good guys and orcs are neutral/bad guys
Warchief Diggah o da Bloodmoon Squiggahs
Thanks Digger for the answer!
This is for me the worst part of the game... I just don't want to do like in 40k (5 armies ranging from 1500 to 500 points) and never finishing painting them!
Even with your good advice I am still stuck. I even add Empire in the possible choice.
I'm the same. Just think about painting. Do you want to be painting green or a lot of lizardy colours? I think lizards are more challegning to paint and look better. Think about how the army will look on the table. At the moment Lizards are a far more competetive army than Orcs and Goblins, but O&G are sure to get an update soon so you may want to wait for that.
:o new orcs n goblins book, that would be interesting!
i was thinking, if you dont have a theme going, maybe just wait and see.
You don t have to force it you know
Warchief Diggah o da Bloodmoon Squiggahs
When I started WHFB, I played Orcs and Gobbos. Or, more correctly thanks to the contents of the battle for Skull Pass box set, just a Goblin army.
Thing with Orcs and Goblins is that it really ends up feeling like the models have a mind of their own. If they'd prefer to stand back and beat up on each other instead of the stunties, then they'll do just that. They aren't as disciplined as the lizardmen. Lizards are newer, so naturally they're more powerful. they have better stats all around, and they have a wider array of painting posibilities (for every type of lizard there is on earth, you can paint your lizards those colors!) than the orcs and gobbos. Overall, I'd say stick with whatever you want to paint with more.
personally, I own about three armies. Right now, my favorite/main (high Elves) army, aren't entirely painted. But, since the begining, I didn't buy a single new unit until the last thing I bought was fully painted. Now I suck at painting, but if you do end up having multiple armies it's a great way to go.
"It is only the great men who are truly obscene. If they had not dared to be obscene, they could never have dared to be great."
Thank you all for your advices, I have made my choice.
The will of the Old Ones must be fulfilled!
I already have a idea for my painting scheme with the Lizardmen and I bought the army book yesterday and the fluff is really nice. Really love the new kroxigor model.
*heading to the Lizardmen board*