Best warhammer army - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Hex
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    80 (x2)

Best warhammer army

As we all know, at the moment there is a great deal of unbalance in the game of Warhammer - here is what I would say are the army rankings, best to worst from what I observe.

1 Daemons of Chaos
    2 Dark Elves
    3 Vampire Counts
    4 Lizards
    5 Skaven
    6 High Elves
    7 Warriors of Chaos
    8 Empire
    9 Wood Elves
    10 Dwarfs
    11 Tomb Kings
    12 Beasts of Chaos
    13 Brets
    14 Orcs & Goblins
    15 Ogres
    16 Dogs Of War

Note all the top armies can take a great deal of magic, and have army wide special rules like demon ward saves, vampires ItP and dark elves hatred.

Who else agrees with my musing and is annoyed by the 'army beats army' metagame going on at the moment? Things were much more balanced last edition but during the credit crunch GW had to keep upping the armies to keep competetive players on their toes.

Hex

"Well... that hurt" - Vampire Jon Skellan (Mannfred's right hand man) after being beaten up, falling down an underground waterfall and being impaled by a stalactite.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    320 (x8)

Although your list is quite up to date
    thats not really a matter of discussion, thats stating facts, some armybooks give options that are simply easier to wield, comparing the lists.
    ( i think beastmen and chaos warriors should go lower in the list, and brets would go higher down the middle, maybe thats just me),

i do not really agree with an unbalance being created with the credit crunch. The armies have been unbalanced since i started the game
    1) its not easy to make lists like these balanced in points cost, abilities, and still nicely themed theres just too many factors and so many rules its easy to find a slip-up in the rules one way or the other.
    you can find it in any game of this size, D&D has alot of books and they leave alot of open spaces for the gamemaster to fill in (rulewise, im not talking about the plot :p)
    2) this doesnt go well with gw's being unwilling to change/modify books when they find faults. they only do a small errata so they have time to write new books ($ . $)

- in third edition some single characters could whipe out an army on their own, i had about 150 Common Magic Items available to every army, so my goblin general ended up with 10 leadership and you could give basicly every unit any gear youd like.

- i dont think last edition was more balanced, i feel like the last few books they really put some effort into balancing things, we just need to wait for the older books to catch up

i talk too much.
    Eternal Newbie

Warchief Diggah o da Bloodmoon Squiggahs

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ironically i just started this topic on the Wood Elf board.

1) Demons
    2) Vampire Counts
    3) Dark Elves

4) High Elves
    5) Lizard men
    6) Skaven
    7) Warriors of Chaos
    8.) Wood Elves
    9) Dwarves
    10.) Bretonnians
    11) Empire
    12) Tomb Kings

13) Beasts of Chaos
    14) Orcs and Goblins
    15) Ogre Kingdoms

The spaces are indicators of huge power gaps. The top three our on a different tier than the middle group and those are on a stronger tier than the bottom three.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    29 (x1)

I think all the armies are good if u can play with them. If you are a good player it doesn't matter which armie you play, but i have to say O&G and Ogre Kingdoms aren't very good even if you can play with them there just have poor armor and they are shot very easely with some good ranged units.

+ Reply to Thread