Worst warhammer army? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    74 (x2)

Worst warhammer army?

Im pretty new to the Warhammerscene however most posts you find on the many different forums all argue that Skaven, Daemons and Vampire Counts atm are the most overpowered armies. However that went me wondering why i havnt seen any whine-posts about the 'under'powered armies out there?

So which one are the worst warhammer army, and why?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    539 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Tashin View Post
    Im pretty new to the Warhammerscene however most posts you find on the many different forums all argue that Skaven, Daemons and Vampire Counts atm are the most overpowered armies. However that went me wondering why i havnt seen any whine-posts about the 'under'powered armies out there?

So which one are the worst warhammer army, and why?
    Personally, i'd say Beasts of Chaos is a hard army to win with and TK isn't easy either.
    Got a "good" rumour from a GW staffer? Forget about it, LO'ers know more than any random GW shop staffer.
    Voor alle nederlanders:
    The Dutch Legion
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    45 (x1)

Tomb Kings, I'd say. very much in need of a new army book. Ogre Kingdoms aren't the best either.

Other than that I find most armies to be quite competitive. BOC almost don't count as the new army book is due out soon.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    320 (x8)

i think nobody argues about ogre kingdoms because nobody actually plays the horrid army :p
    at the moment you just dont purchase these guys with winning in mind

cant wait for some good looking minotaurs to arrive, havent heard anything about beastmen since that 'coming soon' poster
    Eternal Newbie

Warchief Diggah o da Bloodmoon Squiggahs

Hex
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    80 (x2)

Tomb Kin gs are at least playable! I would definitely argue that Orcs & Goblins, Ogres, Dogs Of War and Beasts of Chaos are the worst off at the moment, check out my list: http://www.librarium-online.com/foru...mmer-army.html
    "Well... that hurt" - Vampire Jon Skellan (Mannfred's right hand man) after being beaten up, falling down an underground waterfall and being impaled by a stalactite.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    66 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by Tashin View Post
    most posts you find on the many different forums all argue that Skaven, Daemons and Vampire Counts atm are the most overpowered armies.
    Skaven? nah, they had a bit of a balls-up with vamps and Daemons, but skaven are a pretty balanced army. They can be cheesy (plague furnace lists) but thats the same with most up-to-date armies (Lizardmen EoTG lists).

As to the worst armies, you will generally find that the worst army is the one with the oldest army book. It wasn't bad to start with but as other books have gotten better it has appeared to get worse.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    539 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by lewbot1 View Post

As to the worst armies, you will generally find that the worst army is the one with the oldest army book. It wasn't bad to start with but as other books have gotten better it has appeared to get worse.
    True that, new books are often among the top tiers in strength, but as each new book ups the ante, so to speak, older books get progressively pressed back.

Also, general rules changes can affect an armybook: the BoC are allowed to rank up to a width of 4, only problem is, it now takes 5 to get a rank bonus. Many such examples exist.
    Got a "good" rumour from a GW staffer? Forget about it, LO'ers know more than any random GW shop staffer.
    Voor alle nederlanders:
    The Dutch Legion
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Would have to say Ogres.

I actually think TK can be pretty competitive if played with any skill.
    poor Ogres just get shot to ribbons and can barely get any rank bonus. Ugh...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    35 (x1)

Ogres are by far the least playable army IMO, trust me its my current army and i have to play amazing just to get a draw. but they sure are fun to play with!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    42 (x1)

I actually managed a winning record with ogres. My regular opponents were O&G, empire, VC, WoC and daemons. None of the players where what I would call bad. That being said they didn't bring any over the top lists, just normal all comers but still really good lists. They are really hard to play properly, since they require the MSU style of play to get anything out of them. The most important thing to remember when making a list for them, is SCR is for the little guys ogres call "food" So buying command upgrades is pointless. In fact buying more than 4 in a unit isn't worth it. Its not like an ogre will let his mate get in the way of a meal, so ranks don't make sense.

I would say BoC are the worst book as of this moment, sense it was meant to work with the defunct HoC book. Next worst would have to be DoW, if you can even call that an army anymore, it is pretty close to being a footnote as Kislev and zombie pirates.

Ogres or O&G would be next, I think the gobbo side is actually pretty decent, but the orc side leaves a lot to be desired.

Those are what I would call the garbage armies. If weren't for a couple builds in particular, I would add dwarfs, since they have great CC units, but no way to deliver them, and their shooting isn't as good as the hype.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast