Newbie's 2000pts Tomb Kings - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Now, don't go mad at me. I may know nearly everything when it comes to 40k, but I've only just started Fantasy and havn't the foggiest about anything. So, what do you hink of this TK army?

2000 Pts - Tomb Kings Army

1 * Tomb King
    Casting Order (x1); General; Flail; Light Armour; Shield
    The Blade of Mourning
    1 Chariot

2 Skeletal Steed

1 Liche Priest
    Casting Order (x1)
    Djedra's Incantation of Summoning
    Mankara's Incantation of Urgency
    Horekhah's Incantation of Righteous Smiting
    Sekhubi's Incantation of Vengeance

1 Liche Priest
    Casting Order (x1); Hierophant
    Enkhil's Kanopi

1 Liche Priest
    Casting Order (x1)

16 Skeleton Warriors
    HW&Bow

16 Skeleton Warriors
    HW&Bow

3 Skeleton Chariots

3 Skeleton Warrior
    Spear; Normal Bow

6 Skeletal Steed

3 Skeleton Driver
    3 Skeleton Chariots
    3 Skeleton Warrior
    Spear; Normal Bow

6 Skeletal Steed

3 Skeleton Driver

3 Skeleton Chariots

3 Skeleton Warrior
    Spear; Normal Bow

6 Skeletal Steed

3 Skeleton Driver

3 Skeleton Chariots
    3 Skeleton Warrior
    Spear; Normal Bow

6 Skeletal Steed

3 Skeleton Driver

3 Skeleton Chariots

3 Skeleton Warrior
    Spear; Normal Bow

6 Skeletal Steed

3 Skeleton Driver

20 Tomb Guard
    Light Armour; Shield; Standard
    Standard of the Cursing Word

1 Bone Giant
    2ndWeapon; Heavy Armour

Casting Pool: 2

Dispel Pool: 5

Models in Army: 73

Total Army Cost: 1992

Also, am I right in thinking that Enkhil's Kanopi automatically dispells everything? I wouldn't have thought so, but the wording on Army Builder makes it appear that way.

Thanks.

Death is my meat, terror my wine.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    103 (x8)

Oof, please edit that list to be a little more readable. Take the spells off the characters, we know they're there.

3 Skeleton Chariots

3 Skeleton Warrior
    Spear; Normal Bow

6 Skeletal Steed

3 Skeleton Driver
    is just a fancy way of saying "3 Skeleton Chariots". ^_^

First of all, you gave your King a one-handed magic weapon & a two handed weapon. You can only give him one weapon, unlike 40K - drop the flail. Also, chariots are really easily killed by artillery or mosters. I'd take the item that gives you a ward save on your chariot, I think it's called the Golden Eye of someone-or-another.

Next, you have three priests but only one item amongst them! Take at least two dispel scrolls and distrubute them. The Heirophant usually has Cloak of Dunes for protection. Heiratic Jar is a GREAT item to put on one. I like the Staff of Ravening on a priest when I have this many, but that's just personal taste.

Minor thing, but your 16-strong archer units. Only the front rank is allowed to fire, so I like to take 10-man units as it's easier to stretch out. With 32 models between those units, you could take three units (10, 10, 12) which would give you just as much firepower but more tactical versatility.

Not exactly sure, but it looks like you have three units of three chariots, yes? I think that full command is useful in chariot squads, as they need to win the first round of combat and make the enemy flee to be truely effective (impact damage&#33. I assume one of the units is joined by the King? Consider giving the King's unit the magic banner that regenerates wounds, the war banner, or the banner that gives extra attacks in the first round.

Tomb Guard rock, imo. Full command is useful here - autobreaking enemies is fun ^_^ I'd also give them the Regenerating banner instead of the Cursing Word banner.

Also, am I right in thinking that Enkhil's Kanopi automatically dispells everything? I wouldn't have thought so, but the wording on Army Builder makes it appear that way.
    No, it doesn't. It's a ONE time use item that dispels any spells still in play (like Flames of the Phoenix, for example). It cannot be used against instantaneous spells (which is about 98% of them). So load up on dispel scrolls - at least one per Priest, and remember that the Brooch (which is basically a dispel scroll) can be taken by princes and kings! I'd try and pick up the Army Book before going too into depth - Army Builder doesn't really tell you the full rules and abilites of the army!

Closed Thread