Clash Theam needs some starter help - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Clash Theam needs some starter help

I know i can make a Perseus leader and his entiere party as an army, im just stuck on witch army to go with. Brets is obvous with the focas on leaders and monster slayage with hot little things always needing saving from the dragon types, but the rest of the army is centered arounded the heavy knights and without them the chances of winning are zip on a good day(unless im missing something about a peseant army) So i started thinking about empire...any army is available as long as it has monster killing heros and a flying horse he can ride on. (no i dont own all the army books for warhammer yet, my bad)Please any advice would be welcome in this indever, and yes I do know that I will be inversting alot in green stuff for the look i want.

Your post was about as useful as a chocolate fireguard in a diabetic's house without a chimney!--realitycheque

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Senior Member -The-White-Lizard-'s Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    70 (x1)

You could also consider Vampire counts, with a vampire on winged nightmare?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just the army book not the figs mind you but you might be right.....it is already a hell of alot more appealing then brets, thx
    Your post was about as useful as a chocolate fireguard in a diabetic's house without a chimney!--realitycheque

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    107 (x4)

Vampires may work for you on one or two characters, but you will realy strugle to win any games going combat strong on your characters, and will end up with more casting then fighting. Generaly you dont want to be putting your vampires in combat in anything less than a sure thing.

If you want to go around killing monsters its Empire all the way. Van horstmans speculum will make mince meat out of all the big guys and guys on dragons etc as in a challenge you can swap your stats with an enemy in base contact, (so either the bloodthirster, or the dragon mount of an opponent) and you still have lots of points left to spend on weapons etc. I suggest GORGON shield which reduces attacks against the uses by 1 (to a minimum of 1).

Swordsmen and spearmen also fit nicely into the Clash theme.

If you check online especialy at Shop you can get yourslef greek style heads and shields for your models. May be costley to do an entire army with said heads and shields but it would certainly look good.
    Last edited by saltrock36; March 27th, 2010 at 11:20.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

those are nice heads and shields. i must playtest ideas and thoughts to create the proper son of a god after all.....well i can see how to model a Gorgon shield if I go that route....still taking advice until i say otherwise, thank you all for putting up with my mad ravings.

+ Reply to Thread