Is it true? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Is it true?

King of the Burning Sands Backdraft005's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    71 (x3)

Is it true?

A GW manager mentioned that the new way charges will be declared in fantasy will be randomly?

Am I the only one that thinks that its ridiculous? I mean, some armies a dependent on getting the charge where others can sit on their butts. This can only favor those that can weather charges well.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My Spotify

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    84 (x2)

Rumour has it the distance will be randomly generated like in War of the Ring, not the charging itself.
    Fantasy: Wood Elves, Dark Elves, Beastmen and Tomb Kings.
    40k: Tyranids
    LotR: Misty Mountains and Rohan

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    494 (x8)

Charging won't matter as much now anyway as fighting will strictly be done in initiative order. Also, casualties will be removed from the back, so you can't wipe out the front line and get no attacks back.

SirKently
    I am right 94% of the time, why worry about the other 3%.

King of the Burning Sands Backdraft005's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    71 (x3)

Thats... dumb. That... just stupid. So how are some armies going to even function now? This is another rule change to screw over minimum size squads and promote buying more stuff from GW. Surprise, surprise. By charging I meant distance, and a random distance, makes no sense to me. It's actually only my pet peeve with the LOTR rules. I mean with 40k, difficult terrain checks make sense, but all the time? A runner, who trains, if he or she can run a mile, will run a mile. So how does a random charge distance make sense!! I hold off to see what the rules are, but if there is even part truth to this, I'm just adopt the magic system (assume its as good as it sounds) and keep the ol combat rules.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

b"h
    I think that the charger get +1 to combat resolution.

Benevolent Dictator CaptainSarathai's Avatar
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1480 (x8)

That's what I've heard- the +1 to combat resolution for charging. It will replace striking first in charges.
    The only armies who benefit from charging anymore are cavalry, and while yes, this does p*** me off, I'm expecting to see 8th edition tank the game system and turn it into a clone of 40k dicehammer (bad news for me, who has lost entire tournaments thanks to dice).

If the game gets too rough, keep your models and wait for a new edition, and start up another hobby in the meantime. I'm looking forward to turning some wrenches on my car- maybe without warhammer ruling my life, I'll be motivated to pick up more hours at work, and finally save up for that nice shock-blue paintjob I want.

There's an 8th edition thread in the General Discussion section under Rumours, if you're interested in more discussion.
    Pts Values for AoS here!

Nippon Armybook: Isuu, Scribd, and free at Google Docs

+ Reply to Thread