Lizardmen 2500 - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lizardmen 2500

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Without further ado...

Characters:

Slann Mage-Priest @ 490
    -4th Generation
    -Plaque of Protection
    -Plaque of Dominion
    -BSB

Skink Priest @ 150
    -Lv. 2 Wizard
    -Dispell scroll (x2)

Skink Priest @ 125
    -Lv. 2 Wizard
    -Dispell scroll

Scar-Veteran @ 172
    -BS of Sotek
    -BS of Quetzel
    -Sword of Might
    -Enchanted Shield
    -Light Armor
    -Charm of the Jaguar Warrior

Core:

10x Temple Guard @ 194
    -Champion
    -Shields

16x Saurus @ 222
    -Full Command

16x Saurus @ 222
    -Full Command

22x Skinks @ 132
    -Javelin & Shield

22x Skinks @ 132
    -Javelin & Shield

Special:

3x Kroxigor @ 174

3x Kroxigor @ 174

3x Terradons @ 115
    -Champion

Rare:

3x Salamanders @ 195

Total: 2497

So waddaya think? I face mostly High Elves, Dark Elves, Orcs & Gobbos, Tzeench, and Skaven, so some muscle in the magic department is a must, but I fear I have grown quite attached to my scar-vet running around faster than a saurus has any right to... Anyway, your comments are as always appreciated.

Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely...
    but it rocks absolutely, too!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by Rhodeta@Sep 14 2004, 18:18
    -BSB
    [snapback]212875[/snapback]

I keep seeing this in many Lizardmen army lists, but I have no clue what it is. What is that?

Other than that, your list seems like it will be able on those armies well. Not bad.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by cscheer88@Sep 15 2004, 15:14
    I keep seeing this in many Lizardmen army lists, but I have no clue what it is. What is that?
    Other than that, your list seems like it will be able on those armies well. Not bad.
    [snapback]213439[/snapback]
    'Battle Standard Bearer', rerollable ld. 9, cold-blooded panic tests; gotta love it!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

mabye switch rare for a stegadon, mabye a skink priest on it?
    Bag of Chips, Chaos Warmaster

Undivided
    Win/loss/draw
    /27/ /6/ /5/

Tzeentch
    Win/loss/draw/
    /6/ /0/ / 2 /
    Only death will be guarding your angels, silently
    Cripples joining arms in clamour
    Institutionalized for the rebirth, the herd will be hunted

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nice army...

I only would advise you to swap the javelins for blowpipes and brake the 2 skink units apart in units of 10-13, wich would make a total of 3-4 skink units...

that gives you a lot more terrain to cover and you can play a really nasty tactic be keeping them within 6" of your kroxies and saurus.

When the skinks get charged, you let them flee, wich will make them stop more or less 5" behind the hard hitters of your army, making room for them to counter charge the enemy units that failed their charges. if you place your slann in the tactical middle, all the skinks will rally the next turn and may continue to blow poisonous darts at remaining enemies

off course, that is just playing style... But it's a really fun tactic (and frustrating for the opponent)

Good luck! May the old ones be with you ;-)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

10 Temple gaurd will do nothing. At 17 points a pop you can bet the opposing army will shoot all hes got at them. And with only a 5+ save,10 will be gone by turn 3 at the latest. Use units of 16 atleast,if at all,personally i dont like taking the risk of a slann in a unit. Its very easy for some opponents to kill the 3 models needed to put the slann in the front rank,like brets,enemy elites and cavalry,etc.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by Abbadon@Sep 20 2004, 182
    10 Temple gaurd will do nothing. At 17 points a pop you can bet the opposing army will shoot all hes got at them. And with only a 5+ save,10 will be gone by turn 3 at the latest. Use units of 16 atleast,if at all,personally i dont like taking the risk of a slann in a unit. Its very easy for some opponents to kill the 3 models needed to put the slann in the front rank,like brets,enemy elites and cavalry,etc.
    [snapback]216388[/snapback]
    I agree about the temple guard being small, and am considering adressing this issue somehow, however...

As you can see, the guard have shields giving them a 4+ save against shooting, not a 5+. Besides, Slann are large targets, so the temple guard don't protect it from shooting anyway, that's why the slann is T5 W6 2+ ward save. The purpose of the temple guard is to keep the slann out of close combat. Besides, with good use of skinks/terrain, the only real shooting danger to the temple guard themselves are indirect firing units, which are what terradons are used for. Also, my opponent would have to kill 8 models to force the slann to the front rank, not 3, just a little difference...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hold up,what? I thought you had to kill 3 models in the front rank for the slann to go to the first rank! No matter how wide the frontage etc! If im wrong,i might just have to take my lizardmen army out of its box again!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by Abbadon@Sep 21 2004, 18:39
    Hold up,what? I thought you had to kill 3 models in the front rank for the slann to go to the first rank! No matter how wide the frontage etc! If im wrong,i might just have to take my lizardmen army out of its box again!
    [snapback]217015[/snapback]
    Well, that would be the right thing to do :rolleyes:
    The slann always stays in the second row, unless not enough models of TG remain to fill the front row.

A few examples:

Slann with 20 TG, 4 ranks
    wich gives a unit with a frontline of 6 TG models
    a second rank of 4 TG (slann in between takes place of 2 models)
    a third rank of 4 TG
    and a rear rank of 6 again.
    The Slann will move to the front when 16 TG are killed, because then, there will only be 4 models in the frontline, leaving place for 2 more, where the slann perfectly fits in.

In a Slann with 12 TG (square around slann) unit, the slann moves to frontline when 10 are killed, leaving 2 places free in the frontline to place the slann.

In short:
    The slann is always the last model that will move to the front from the moment there is enough place.

I even am thinking now that it is a certain number of TG that has to remain in the front line (3 or something) before the slann must move to the front, so the example of 20 TG might be incorrect... but totally not sure about that... It is written in the army book and don't have it here

Anyway: it takes a LOT of TG casualties before the slann must move to the front

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, the rule specifically states that the slann must only be moved to the front rank if there are less than three TG left, ie slann with a TG on either side of him.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast