Welcome to Librarium Online!
Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!
Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!
Hello all, just registered here with you folks and whilst i`ve played wfb for quite some time and have tried multiple armies but for some reason I can`t seem to settle on one army.
I was untill very recently playing Dark Elves but found them very all or nothing in so much as they were an amazing army to play but very unforgiving in the fact that if you made one mistake then it was a nightmare to try and recover from if indeed was at all possible.
out of all the armies Ive tried lately the Skaven and the WoC have most appealed to me for multiple reasons:-
+ They never cease to amuse me with their bizzare weapon teams and war machine choices
+ Used to play them way back in 4th ed so will always have a special place in my heart
+ A very easy army to horde out with
+ Already have a very decent size army
-A very expensive army to buy because of unit sizes
-Low leadership even with SiN
-Best laid plans can easily backfire on you
Warriors of Chaos:-
+ Great unit choices with very solid options
+ Nice magic and magic weapons
+ very customisble to suit every need
+ Have a fairly decent sized army already
- Units can easily mount up points quickly due to marks
- Easy to get caaried away with certain choices
- Not very sure of special unit choices
We normally play 3 way battles of about 2k.
Thanks for any input you guys can give and I`m sorry for such a lengthy post
I love my WoC. So far as your cons go....
1) To me every single model and every single mark is worth it's points. The only exception to this is Forsaken *spit*. Forsaken *spit* are never worth it. ever. For any reason. If your existing WoC army is full of Forsaken *spit* models, I would get rid of that +
2) In list building I will often times look down to realize I just built a 1500 point unit (including characters). So much of the WoC army creation process is about deciding what is "enough" to complete the desired task. With rats the difference between units of 50 vs units of 70 doesn't really matter. With WoC, you WILL find yourself wracking your brain over whether a unit of 14 Khorn Warriors with halberds is overkill when 12 might be able to do the same job.
3) Other than forsaken *spit* there are no bad special choices and no great ones. Personally, I always want to spend more points on Warriors than specials. If I spend more on specials than I do on Warriors, I will cut that special unit from my list. To me Warriors win for Chaos. Everything else is there for fun or to support the Warriors.
Last edited by Mrbill; July 26th, 2010 at 21:33.
Two very different style armies to choose from here. I play neither, but face both often. They are both powerful armies. Since you have played for awhile it seems, the question basically is do you want to play a horde army, or an elite army. Which style fits more with your preference. There is no way anyone else can decide this for you.
Since you already say you have a sizable contingent of both, why do you need to choose. Can't you play both? Make a couple of armies and switch between them. Or test out both with proxies if you need to, and then decide which you like best.
I am right 94% of the time, why worry about the other 3%.
Thank you both for your input and in all honesty you ar equite right SirKently maybe it would be a cool idea to use both and see how I feel on the day as to which one I play, Thank you gents. The quick replies and friendly advice I`m used to from you all