Dwarfs 1000pts (plz Look) - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is my first warhammer fantasy army and would like some comments onit. I was formally a warhammer 40k khorn berserker/Blood angels player. I wanted to start slayer before ,but becuase of a specific person's suggestion I choose againts it. It would have the same concept of rush foward and hope you kill kinda thing. I wanted to get away from that and went with reguler dwarves. Any comments or tips on my list would be lovely.

Hero
    Thane Pistol, Gromril Armour, Shield, Runic Weapon "Always Strike first, +1 to attack"
    Runesmith Great Weapon, Gromril Armour, Runic Weapon "Can be Thrown, Flame attack"
    Dwarf Engineer Gromril Armour, Brace of Pistols, Dwarven Handgun

Core Units
    12 Warriors Heavy Armor, Shield, Musician, Standered Bearer, Veteren
    12 Warriors Heavy Armor, Shield, Musician, Standered Bearer, Veteren
    10 Thunderers

Special Units
    Bolt Thrower
    Bolt Thrower Engineering Rune "Hits on 2+, one use only"
    Stone Thrower Engineering Rune "May re-roll Scatter die"

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Keeper of Records and Ale King Ulrik Flamebeard's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1372 (x8)

Ok well welcome to the bearded ranks

Now for a 1k list I'd say you have too many characters and war machines and too little units. So my suggestions are;

Keep the thane and drop the other two heros, also on the thane a pistol is basically usless. The one shot may kill someone but that's it, one dead. I'd say you'd be better off with Gromril Armour with RoStone, Shield and a Great wepon. You get a 2+ SV vs shooting and a 3+ in combat as well as three S6 attacks, more than enough to waste most heros.

The only war machine I'd advocte in a 1k game is a single BT (or two if you must), a single Stone Thrower or Cannon. Personally I'd go for the BT, cheap and still deadly.

After these changes I'll point out your units are too small, all warrior units (except the detactment one - for more experienced players) should be at least 16 but 20 is better. Give them Heavy Armour, Shield and one unit with Great Weapons, a match for any core unit you'll find.

Afterwards I'd say a unit of 14-15 Ironbreakers/Longbeards as a second special choice, these elite fighters will add a big combat punch to your list. Also make it harder to beat

I'd personally leave the runes at the minimum until at least 1500pts, then expand and add a few runes here or there.

KU

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    451 (x8)

well first of all i agree with ulrik you have wwwwwaaaayyyy to many chars with 4 despell you will rarly need more (unless vs lizardmen and zeentch) so drop the rune smith.
    you have too little war machines for the engineer so id drop him too
    also get rid of the stone thrower the bolt throwers are fine and can take down most things
    loss the thunderers cross bows are cheeper and have more range
    again i agree with ulrik about the unit sizes with the points youve freed up beef them up with a full command and rougly 20 in number

-kl

spambot kill tally: 79

[16:19] <@Alzer> Arky's right though
    [16:20] <@Kaiser-> I know he is.
    [16:20] <@Kaiser-> He usually is.
    [16:20] <@Kaiser-> Sometimes it's intentional.
    ----
    [00:01] <+zubus> i love you, ya skirt wearin nothern monkey! ^_^

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Umm ok, I like your suggestions and made a couple of alterations, the sort of army Im looking for as I get higher amount of points, is an army that moves foward while being covered by large warmachines . I guess ill include miners in my 1.5k army and maby another machine

Hero
    Thane Gromril Armour, Shield, Great Weapon, Rune of Stone

Core Units
    16 Warriors Heavy Armor, Shield, Musician, Standered Bearer, Veteren
    16 Warriors Heavy Armor,Great Weapon, Shield, Musician, Standered Bearer, Veteren
    14 Dwarf Crossbows

Special Units
    19 Long Beards Standered Bearer, Musician, Greatbeard
    Bolt Thrower
    Bolt Thrower

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I&#39;d use a cannon rather than 2 bolt throwers. More chance of hitting something once you get good with guesses,and better hitting power.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    451 (x8)

(Y) now thats much better (Y)

welcome to the ranks of the bearded ones:

spambot kill tally: 79

[16:19] <@Alzer> Arky's right though
    [16:20] <@Kaiser-> I know he is.
    [16:20] <@Kaiser-> He usually is.
    [16:20] <@Kaiser-> Sometimes it's intentional.
    ----
    [00:01] <+zubus> i love you, ya skirt wearin nothern monkey! ^_^

Closed Thread