2000pts Dwarfs - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 2000pts Dwarfs

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi, I'm knid of new to warhammer and have decided to go with the dwarfs, so here it is:

1 * Dwarf Lord @ 181 Pts
    General; Great Weapon; Gromril Armour; Shield
    Runic Armour
    Master Rune of Gromil

1 * Runesmith @ 109 Pts
    Great Weapon; Gromril Armour; Shield
    Runic Talisman
    Rune of Spellbreaking

1 * Runesmith @ 84 Pts
    Great Weapon; Gromril Armour; Shield

16 Warriors @ 144 Pts
    Heavy Armour; Shield

16 Warriors @ 144 Pts
    Heavy Armour; Shield

16 Warriors @ 144 Pts
    Heavy Armour; Shield

9 Thunderers @ 175 Pts
    Dwarf Handgun; Light Armour; Shield; Standard; Musician

1 Veteran

9 Miners @ 150 Pts
    Great Weapon; Heavy Armour; Standard; Musician

1 Prospector

19 * Longbeards @ 310 Pts
    Great Weapon; Heavy Armour; Shield; Standard; Musician

1 Greatbeard

19 Iron Breakers @ 290 Pts
    Gromril Armour; Shield; Standard; Musician

1 Iron Beard

1 Flame Cannon @ 140 Pts
    Dwarf Misfire Chart

3 Crew
    Light Armour

1 Organ Gun @ 125 Pts
    Dwarf Misfire Chart

3 Crew
    Light Armour

Dispel Pool: 6

Casting Pool: 2

Models in Army: 119

Total Army Cost: 1996

Please don't post pts costs for indivdual items/models. Has been edited by remember for next time. KU

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You only need 1 runesmith really,put atleast 2 runes of spellbreaking on him. Give your lord MR of spite,and drop the gromril armour since your sheild would already give you a 1+ save on its own w/ MR of gromril. Warriors of 20 are a mus,16 is waaaaay too small in 2k. Only 1 squad of elites is really neccessary,either hammerers or ironbreakers,although i'd pick hammerers with your lord gear in mind. Dont give your thunderers any options except maybe sheilds,a standard and musician wont help,because even goblins will be breaking them anyways at 9 models a unit. Drop the miners to get another squad of thunderers,put both units up to 10 since that is the min. unit size. get a cannon and stonethrower w/ rune of accuracy and penetrating,these will be much more effective and cheaper than your current artillery,which is really designed to take on specific threats like skirmishers and horde units.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree with abbadon: 1 runesmith, MR of spite, no gromril armor, 1 elite, no command for thunderers, special artillery instead of rare artillery

Also, make sure your close combat units (warriors) have full command (standard, musician, and veteran).

Crossbowmen or thunderers, your choice, but I've heard a lot of support for crossbowmen over thunderers b/c of their extra range...

I'd suggest against the miners, they aren't worth the points if you aren't going to use underground advance.. and that may not be worth it for its risk..
    <span style='color:red'><span style='font-size:10pt;line-height:100%'>Check it out --&#62; <a href='http://home.comcast.net/~eschdebolt/index.html' target='_blank'>4 feet of snow + balcony = lots of fun</a></span></span>

Keeper of Records and Ale King Ulrik Flamebeard's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1372 (x8)

Ok I agree with most things said,

The lord could do with a ward, MRoSpite is the best to go for. Other than that he&#39;s solid. And too many RSmiths, you would only ever need one with two RoSpellbreaking. This basically gives you five dispel dice and two dispel scrolls, quite easy to shut down most magic phases.

For dropping the cheaper RSmith I&#39;d slip a Thane in there, his added combat punch is quite something. Give him a Gw, RoStone, Grom armour or MRoSwiftness, RoCleaving, RoStone with Grom armour and a shield and he&#39;s capable of taking on most heros and winning.

IMO all warrior units in 1.5k+ should be 20 or more, with full command. They give you a nice big rank bonus and five attacks to the front, with a HW/Shield they are a very hard unit to break. Also IMO one unit should be given GWs, the S5 is very tasty.

The Thunderers are a good choice, but drop the Vet and SB. the extra attack afforded isn&#39;t worth it IMO and the SB gives away 100VPs should the unit be broken. The musicain is always handy, rally on a LD10? yes please

The Miners are a good surprise unit, the underground advance can force your opponent to seriously think about whether putting that unit there is a good idea or should he protect his artillery? Even if they&#39;re slaughtered by misile fire, that&#39;s a turn they&#39;re not firing upon your other troops.

Ok now, I&#39;m all for a combat army (as yours seems to be) but IMO having two special infantry units is a bit much. I prefer Longbeards but it&#39;s up to you, if you want; a tough, hard to crack unit then Ironbreakers for you, but if you want a hard hitting, high S unit then go Longbeards.

Either way drop one and add a Stone thrower and/or Cannon/Bolt Thrower, any of these is more than enough to cause some serious damage to units.

Also I&#39;d drop either both or one of the rare war machines for a gyrocopter or more troops.

KU

+ Reply to Thread