New to Fantasy, help with choosing an army - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New to Fantasy, help with choosing an army

I'm want to get into fantasy but I haven't a clue to what army. I play 40k and my play style is basically fast assualt with some shooty support. You guys have any suggestions or advice? I like Dark Elves, Warriors of Chaos, and the Empire the best, but not really sold on any one in particular. Thanks in advance.

Last edited by sirkently; February 8th, 2011 at 03:01.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    320 (x8)

Ohhh so many posts t reply to! which one to pick...

Since you're allready into 40K i'd say you can probably go with the less 'userfriendly' armies aswell, so maybe just go for the best looking legion aye?
    If not, i hear Chaos warriors are really forgiving for new fantasy players! Hope you're going to like fantasy just as much as 40k, or more.
    Eternal Newbie

Warchief Diggah o da Bloodmoon Squiggahs

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    494 (x8)

Well, from your criteria, I would say dark elves. They are the fastest of the armies listed, and have lots of shooty support. And they are a very competitive army.

Welcome to the fantasy side of the game,
    SirKently
    I am right 94% of the time, why worry about the other 3%.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    511 (x8)

You should play...all together now!

The army that you believe looks the coolest!

Many people fall in and out of love with armies and playstyles, but no one ever seems to regret assembling and playing an army they love the appearance of. That's why I love playing the Ogre Kingdoms army, even though they tend to do terribly against many of the more 'competitive armies' out there. I just love having an army of barbaric Ogres crashing through lines of puny little enemies.

Best of all, if you really like the appearance of your army, you'll happily assemble and paint them all and it won't feel like a chore!

As far as power and competitiveness goes, all three of the armies you listed work well. In order to get a good overall feel for the game, I believe the best armies to start with are:

High Elves
    Dark Elves
    Lizardmen
    Chaos Warriors
    Empire
    Skaven

Despite some differences, they are basically the 'good' and 'evil' version of 3 different army types: fragile but fast/shooty elites (elves), slow but strong/resilient elites (Lizardmen/Warriors), and war machine filled horde (Empire/Skaven). Based on what you said, I'd say that Dark Elves are probably the most similar to your 40k playing style, but I'd use what you like.

Good luck!
    "Any job worth doing, is worth doing with a powerklaw."
    http://www.librarium-online.com/foru.../mynameisgrax/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for all the replies so far. I've narrowed it down to dark elves or chaos warriors. Mainly because like all advice said, I absolutely love the looks of the two armies. Although I'm kinda leaning more towards dark elves because I play chaos marines for 40k

+ Reply to Thread