Best Wizard out there - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

View Poll Results: Please vote for the Wizard you believe is superior.

Voters
101. You may not vote on this poll
  • Prophetess - Bretonnia

1 0.99%
  • Liche High Priest - Tomb Kings

1 0.99%
  • Wizard Lord - Empire

0 0%
  • Archmage - High Elves

16 15.84%
  • Spellweaver - Wood Elves

0 0%
  • Slann Mage-Priest - Lizardmen

51 50.50%
  • Slaughtermaster - Ogre Kingdoms

1 0.99%
  • Supreme Sorceress - Dark Elves

4 3.96%
  • Grey Seer - Skaven

2 1.98%
  • Great Bray-Shaman - Beastmen

0 0%
  • Great Shaman Misc. - Orcs and Goblins

2 1.98%
  • Greaters Daemons Misc. - Daemons of Chaos

4 3.96%
  • Vampire Lord - Vampire Counts

5 4.95%
  • Sorcerer Lord - Warriors of Chaos

14 13.86%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Best Wizard out there

Hello, just wondering which wizard you think is the greatest out there.
    The poll considers lvl 4s only, since they obviously bring the most potential.
    You can use magic items, lore combos, experience on the field and your simple opinion to influence your vote.
    Feedback and debate is appreciated for the sake of information, knowledge and entertainment.
    Thks in advance.

I dont know all of the spellcasters out there, with only a few games done, but based on my knowledge, feeling and experience, I voted Archmage. It's the one I play ( High Elves is my main army ), and with the magic items offered to me ( not only talking about Book of Hoeth, never used it ;P ), the choices of Lores and it sheer awesomeness, I can fairly say Archmage owns.

- In Asuryan's name

HE profile (W-L-D): 2-0-1
    - Looking into the steely eyes of his foes, Kolgar felt his blood run cold. There was no fear upon the eyes of the Elves, only ruthless determination.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My Spotify

ReputationReputationReputation
    58 (x1)

Do you mean superior in magic or superior overall? having a tough time to decide

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

775 (x8)

I choose archmage! simply because book of hoeth is awesome you rule the magic face if you have an archmage with book in the army. but a slann mage-priest is also really good...

Senior Member Hive Fleet Macarbe's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    128 (x3)

Slann are dam vicious. Lore of life + a unit of TG and you got a nigh unstoppable unit. Proxied one with a few tests and it shredded.

Or run them on their own with lore of shadow for fun.

But, I havnt tried any other wizards so I am not going to vote as it will be bias.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    421 (x8)

I chose the wizard lord because of his ability to get a +6 bonus to casting if you give him book of ashur and mark of tzeentch, plus pandemonium and infernal puppet are brilliant!
    Last edited by The Silent One; March 21st, 2011 at 12:59.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

+6 bonus seems really nice, and I know Slann have some innate powers that are very dangerous, like something that takes all your 6s of your casting roll, and shove it up where the sun dont shine . But like VB said, Book of Hoeth + Lore of Life + Banner of Sorcery = Carnage. Archmage and mages have a innate +1 to dispel, which is awesome, combined with Annulian Crystal ( -1 enemy power dice, give you +1 dispel dice ), gives you potent magical control.
    you can add High Magic ( Drain Magic is lulz ), and your enemy will have the worst time trying to actually cast his spells XD.
    HE profile (W-L-D): 2-0-1
    - Looking into the steely eyes of his foes, Kolgar felt his blood run cold. There was no fear upon the eyes of the Elves, only ruthless determination.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ive played many armies and its got to be the slan simply beacuse he can be a bsb with magic banner and magic iteams and up to four disaplines cupped hands ofcourse 2+ bang it on an enemy wizerd a decent slan at 370 with lore master free dice per spell and get rid of a mistcast to enemy on a 2+ i made a vampire lord crumble(he killed hiself thanks to my miscast) first turn and then dwellors bellow got rid of the rest of the unit and he get a 4+ free ward save and like 5 wounds and hes ld9 with 3 dice thats basicaly ld 11 so the best in the game buy far
    Last edited by sirkently; March 22nd, 2011 at 03:34.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    403 (x8)

Punctuation is your friend
    My Deathwatch Campaign
    Furious Angels: (SM) W22, D1, L9 (BA) W15, D0, L3 | Sentinels of Saphery (HE) W3, D0, L0

10. LikeCannibal God liked this post.
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    494 (x8)

The archmage and slann are really good. But don't forget about the dark elf supreme sorceress. Bumping up your dice with the power of darkness, and then being able to sacrifice models to add a die after rolling is really nice. Added to the fact that they have no limit to the number of dice they can throw at a spell.

SirKently
    I am right 94% of the time, why worry about the other 3%.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    42 (x1)

I'm going to go with the High Priest...

With Plaques of Mighty Incantations, Hieratic Jar, cloak of the dunes and either Staff of Mastery or Enkhil's Kanopi he can consistently churn out high level incantations without any thought to miscasting. He also re-rolls all 3 of his dice and with the staff gets +1 to his power level. Then of course there's the ungodly Casket of Souls (although in smaller games I give mine to a basic preist). Yes, he can't blast apart units like Slaan. Yes, he can't lock down your opponent's casting like an Archmage. And yes, he can't kill 25 Skaven in one shot with Black Horror (okay that was a fluke) but what he can do is ensure that Righteous Smiting and Urgency are where you need them (with his flying trick) and better still, if your opponent is out of dispell dice by then he can go war machine hunting with Vengance or prop up a crumbling unit with Summoning.
    The one downside is that you don't want your hierophant flying around on his own in plain sight, but still, you don't necessarily need to take him with that upgrade.
    "Take their gold, burn their homes, kill their familes and enslave their souls. Show them no mercy...oh and could you post these letters while you're out?"
    -Malekith, Witch King of Naggaroth.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast