Miscast protection options? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

9 (x1)

Miscast protection options?

I'm new to list writing in 8th. What's the best miscast protection? I'm thinking to use a Charmed Shield with Blood of Tzeench to reroll a double six.... but thinking maybe the Puppet is a better option. Any suggestions? Usually play in the 2000 - 1500 point range. Been using a Level 2 but I think I need to go Level 4.

If it matters I run a balanced list. Hellcannon, BSB, Wizard, Warriors or Chosen, Marauder block, Trolls, Knights

Disregard... wrong section

Last edited by xfactor; May 18th, 2011 at 23:24. Reason: wrong section

2. Remove Advertisements

Orlando Florida
    1 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

18 (x2)

You could give your Chaos sorc a magic shield but i'm 99.9999999999% sure you can't block a miscast, assuming thats why you would bring it of course. That being said, if you fear the Miscast(and therefor don't want any IRF either) then take the blood of tzeentch, if you WANT the IRF but fear the miscast that much, take the puppet. I personally like the double 6s on stronger spells, it can be way more important than losing some power die or even hurting yourself, it does suck if you get it on turn 1 or 2 though.

I use a Tzeentch sorcerer lord with talisman of preservation, spell shield and either a forbidden rod or the power familiar on a disk. And no you don't get the Magic resist for miscast ward saves if you were wondering, I just enjoy a 2+ ward save against enemy Wizards.

Freehold, NJ
    2 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

511 (x8)

Virtually nothing protects you from a miscast. Only two things do (that come to mind): cupped hands for Lizardmen, and infernal puppet for Chaos Warriors.

As a Chaos player, I'd definitely recommend you use the infernal puppet. It's an incredibly useful magic item.

I forgot, the Lore of Life spell 'Throne of Vines' also protects you from miscasts, but that's not an option for a Chaos Warriors player.
    Last edited by mynameisgrax; May 24th, 2011 at 21:38.
    "Any job worth doing, is worth doing with a powerklaw."

+ Reply to Thread