Choosing secondary army - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

5 (x1)

Choosing secondary army

2 friends and i and are going to start a gamers club and play warhammer - with some beers and good food added into the mix.

I Have gathered a small warriors of chaos warhost - and my next project is converting and painting them.

One of my friends is going to play skaven .

Second friend is going to use my secondary army - and sometimes my chaos army and we will "trade armies".

I need some advice
    What is the cheapest ($$$) and viable 1000-1500pt skaven army you can make which includes lightning cannons? I can convert to a lesser extent, so alternative models will not be a problem, as long as they are gw.

Second question: what secondary army shall i choose? I am choosing between TK, VC, the new OK and HE. Looking for a cheap army that does not play like skaven nor warrior of chaos. my prioritites goes as follows: TK preferably with OK nearly as good, and VC coming in at a somewhat distant third:

I adore the egyptian style of the TK and would like an army with alot of constructs - but still a viable and cheap army. I would like either/some necropolis knights, Tomb scorpiosns or a necrosphinx - their casket is also pretty badass. The whole concept of an army working totally in concert to succeed appels to me too.

The Ogre Kingdoms playstyle fascinate me - a very rough, elite army lujmbering over the battlefield while their archers fire cannons. The only thing worrying me is that they are not as aesthetically pleasing. I Love their big monsters, and that a battalion box+that-badass-thundertusk/stonehorn + chracter is nearly an army. One of my friends already owns a pack of leadbelchers i can convert and paint, so that would easily make a nice addition to the army. I am worried if OK will play too similar in playstyle to my chaos army though.

HE come with the island of blood box, and i already own one box of old silverhelms, and since IoB+ skaven battalion makes a nice army, it would maybe wise to start he as the secondary army. I like painting gold - but they are flimsy and vain as a people, and i dont know if they will play to similar to WoC.
    i cannot choose, i need some pros and cons and average price levels. Any help is very appreciated.

I will not buy the army rulebooks before deciding on the armies, since the cost will be too high combined. I need some advice before choosing an army and bying the stuff i need.

Last edited by Kail; September 2nd, 2011 at 15:19.

+ Reply to Thread