Beast Of Chaos-1500 Points - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well all i can sya with this is that it took me a decent amount of free time to come up with and to me it seems pretty good though it doesnt have as many heavy hitters i would like it to have-

Characters

Wargor-Great Weapon (144)
    Chaos Armour (General)
    Mark of Nurgle
    Horn of the Great Hunt

Bray-Shaman- Bray-Staff (116)
    Chaos Armour
    Dispel Scroll
    Lore of Death

Bray-Shaman- Bray-Staff (116)
    Chaos Armour
    Dispel Scroll
    Lore of Death

Core

Beast Herd-12 Gors Full Command
    8 Ungors (Ambush)

8 Ungors (Ambush)

8 Ungors

8 Ungors

Chariot-(85)

Chariot-(85)

Speacial

Minotaurs-Three With Light Armour (172)
    Great Weapon
    Mark of Nurgle

Minotaurs-Three With Light Armour (172)
    Great Weapon
    Mark of Nurgle

Points-1494

Modells-91

Power Dice-4

Dispel Dice-4

The two beast herds are there for the main attack, while the minotaurs go flanking and supporting the main units, then the two beast herds in ambush will appear behind the enemy to take out war machines, characters, flanking, support etc.....the chariots are there for a quick source of support where it is most needed, the bray-shamans are there to carry the magic phase and supply dispel dice and scrolls, and the wargor is there to go into battle after he has blown the horn for ambush

All in all i think its pretty good but like i said before i wanted to take some more heavy hitters, but ill probly do that with my next list.......any comments are appreciated, Thanks

JC

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, I guess it's OK for 1500. I would add some Pestigors, but you really need about 20 of them to be really worthwile, and that's just too expensive for 1500. Right now you have no ranks (well, not as many as you'd like), and it'd be nice to have something with some staying power. It's OK for smaller games, though. Those Chariots will help out nicely.

Other than that (which is more a size problem than anything else), it's OK. I'd suggest some hounds. Cheap, rank negating ambushers. 42 points gets you a 7 strong unit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

20 pestigors is too many points for any normal game of 2,000 or less. THats a good 300 points into a unit that absolutely sucks in close combat against any other good elite squad,and will get shot to hell and back. Personally i love the list,i think it will do really well altough i think you should uprgade the shamans to lvl 2.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

From what i've seen, minataurs hit pretty hard. If you can take more of those, go for it.
    <span style='color:gray'>His eyes are cold, he doesn&#39;t feel,</span>
    <span style='color:red'>He doesn&#39;t laugh or cry.</span>
    <span style='color:orange'>All he does from dawn &#39;till dusk is make the high elves die.</span>

<span style='color:purple'>Dark Elves 2,000</span>
    <span style='color:blue'>3 - 0 - 2</span>

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hence the "that&#39;s just too expensive for 1500".
    And I disagree. I&#39;ve used Bestigors in 4 different incarnations, and they all work well. None as well as the Khorngors, granted, but well none the less. Maybe the dice just like mine.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by Tzeentch@Oct 18 2004, 19:49
    Well, I guess it&#39;s OK for 1500. I would add some Pestigors, but you really need about 20 of them to be really worthwile, and that&#39;s just too expensive for 1500. Right now you have no ranks (well, not as many as you&#39;d like), and it&#39;d be nice to have something with some staying power. It&#39;s OK for smaller games, though. Those Chariots will help out nicely.

Other than that (which is more a size problem than anything else), it&#39;s OK. I&#39;d suggest some hounds. Cheap, rank negating ambushers. 42 points gets you a 7 strong unit.
    [snapback]232757[/snapback]
    u said i dont have as many ranks id like but i have four units of 12 gors and 8 ungors each thats 4 models per line with 5 ranks deep for each of them i think its pretty good......or u mightve meant something different and if u did explain please

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, considering you&#39;ll only get a rank bonus of 2 compared to whoever you&#39;re charging , who has 3. And the fact that you&#39;ll still probably only get 2 ranks anyways. You have to maximize frontage. Against, say, a 4 wide unit of Chaos warriors, that&#39;s 6 models. Against a 5 wide, it&#39;s 7. You&#39;ll probably have 2 ranks.
    In addition, no matter how many ranks your Beast Herds can get, they still will never, ever negate a rank. Only thing you have in the list for rank-breaking are the units of minotaurs. Which, granted, are very effective at what they do. But beasts really need coordinated charges. Minos can&#39;t be everywhere. And for 36 points, you&#39;ve got 6 Hounds who can ambush and negate ranks, and if they mess up, they&#39;re fast enough to make it to where they need to anyhow. And if they die, pfft. They&#39;re 6 points a pop.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by Tzeentch@Oct 19 2004, 14:28
    Well, considering you&#39;ll only get a rank bonus of 2 compared to whoever you&#39;re charging , who has 3. And the fact that you&#39;ll still probably only get 2 ranks anyways. You have to maximize frontage. Against, say, a 4 wide unit of Chaos warriors, that&#39;s 6 models. Against a 5 wide, it&#39;s 7. You&#39;ll probably have 2 ranks.
    In addition, no matter how many ranks your Beast Herds can get, they still will never, ever negate a rank. Only thing you have in the list for rank-breaking are the units of minotaurs. Which, granted, are very effective at what they do. But beasts really need coordinated charges. Minos can&#39;t be everywhere. And for 36 points, you&#39;ve got 6 Hounds who can ambush and negate ranks, and if they mess up, they&#39;re fast enough to make it to where they need to anyhow. And if they die, pfft. They&#39;re 6 points a pop.
    [snapback]233375[/snapback]
    u said they ambush and negate ranks, well not only u but alot of pple....but wen i read the army book it said qoute-

"Beastmen train thier warhounds to use their weight of numbers to full advantage which means that while they do not get the bonuses of fast cavarly, they will get a rank bonus in combat"

it doesnt say they negate it they just get it......is there a page where they state they negate it

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

*sigh* Now that you&#39;ve taken to reading, maybe it&#39;d be a good idea to read the BRB (Big Red Book). Any unit will negate ranks as long as a) they&#39;re not skirmishers, like beast herds, and b) they have over US5.

Sorry if that seemed sarcastic.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by Tzeentch@Oct 20 2004, 15:22
    *sigh* Now that you&#39;ve taken to reading, maybe it&#39;d be a good idea to read the BRB (Big Red Book). Any unit will negate ranks as long as a) they&#39;re not skirmishers, like beast herds, and b) they have over US5.

Sorry if that seemed sarcastic.
    [snapback]234315[/snapback]
    no a bit to little sarcastic for what i said
    forgot all about that........well thanks

+ Reply to Thread