Welcome to Librarium Online!
As a means of (hopefully) generating a more positive discussion, if you were Loremaster for a Day, and could make three Q&A/Chronicles errata style changes, what would they be?
ground rules: it can't affect models and/or model ranges. (ie, no declaring that Chaos Dwarfs get an army book. You're only Loremaster for a Day, and it takes longer than that to make a model, much less an army book.)
it has to be a short, consise change. (no rewriting of entire sections of the core rules)
I'll post my 3 later.
(Slai, don't move this to general as it won't get the right people looking aqt it. Most here don't go there as it's 40K and well the target peeps are here
Make the Goblin ecology (or whatever they where called) official
Change the rules for Phoenix guard in some way, making them less sucky and not causing fear, cause it doesn't make sense.
Give the Chaos knights S4 and lances, or just give them some sort of special weapon that confers +1S all the time, cause having core troop mortals with 5S doesnt make sense.
Two of these relate to O&G lists:
a) Give stone trolls a 'rocky skin' armour save of 4 or 5+, reduce magic resistance.
b) Make available armour and weapons upgrades for giants.
Last one, general:
c) To be able to take one 'special' choice as a 'rare' choice in an army list for any army.
A lot more, but they're the three that are fore-most in my mind. :closedeyes:
The iron crowned is getting closer,
Swings his hammer down on him,
Like a thunderstorm he's crushing,
Down the Noldor's proudest king.
Under my foot, so hopeless it seems.
You've troubled my day, now feel the pain.
- Blind Guardian
1: scrap Ogre kingdoms (I know I cant, I just wish I could)
1: Increase the hellcannon's chances of going berserk
2: Create a magic item for O&G that gives +1,(2),(3) to the animosity result roll.
3: Remove the magic resistance of brettonian damsels, decrease points cost.
I kill two dwarves in the morning, I kill two dwarves at night. I kill two dwarves in the afternoon, and then I feel allright. I kill two dwarves in time of peace, and two in time of war. I kill two dwarves before I kill two dwarves, and then I kill two more.
Goblin kroozade of revengyness: win:19 draw:10 loss:9
1. Hurry up and release Ogre Kingdoms. Wood Elves, too, while they're at it.
But that's against the little rules. So...
1. Give Minotaurs the option of Heavy Armor at an appropriate points cost.
2. Destroy Intrigue at Court.
3. Make Ratling Guns either not autohit, or S3. (BTW, if you've got Army Builder, get the latest WHFB files, go to the Skaven list, and add a weapon team. Right click on the 'Ratling Gun' entry and read what it says. 'You cheesy *****.'
1. Switch the point costs of warpfire throwers and ratling guns,and make the ratling gun misfire table more severe
2. Make brettonians ward save only against shooting attacks
3.abolish the daemonic legion and slayer army lists,as they are cheesed out and unbalanced
Of course,if i could i would ban ogre kingdoms,GW has gone so far in the right direction for fluff,making the races appear more unique and dark and indepth and much more fantasy/mythology like. Just compare the beastmen army book to the orcs & gobbo's army book and you'll see what i mean. Ogre kingdoms is a huge step back,it has no fluff,the models look so stupid,and its apparently going to be a ver humorous backround. Not to mentioN YOU GOD$&% IDIOTS HAVENT RELEASED MY WOOD ELVES YET!!!! AAAAARRRRRRRRRGGGGGHHH!!!!!!!!!! 3;!!! :realmad: :realmad: :realmad:
Make the lists in the back of the books legal, or some more balanced variation of them. Those lists always appeal to me more than the standard ones do, and not because they tend to be overpowered ^_^
Give undead armies more HQ choices for smaller games, or at least bend their regular rules. Now the TK require a prince & priest in every game, and the VC have to use a necro until they get a Lord slot at 2k.
Use my one day of power to drop the prices of everything in the GW store to what they were five years ago, and blow all my cash before they got reset the next day ^_^
1. Give orcs base strength of 4 (even gobbos are st3)
3. Scrap OK (cant think of a 3rd)
Well if had 3 wishes would be...
1. Let greatswords be changed or have have access to hand weapons and shields.
2. drop the hell cannons
3. make DOW pikemen less expenstive as they always lose combat and run
<MortalKombat> stfu mat|t u ****
* Acaila sets mode: +b MortalKombat!*@*
<@Acaila> FINISH HIM
<MortalKombat> omg what! man
* MortalKombat was kicked by Acaila (forward, forward, back, back, forward, punch)